Pros and cons of a guitar? (1 Viewer)

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Hobo Corncob

Pilgrim
In my opinion an instrument that you're profficient enough to busk with is invaluable as far as the ability to make a little extra cash. Worth the weight to carry...unless you play the grand piano! 😝

superphoenix

Vagabond
Did you get around to traveling with it? I'm thinking about taking my beater guitar with me but I don't know whether to look into a hard or soft case
I did, soft-ish case, for like a month on the road and it was fine. I don't think I prefer it for train travel now though - too many ghost downtowns from Covid, and too much weight and bulk to justify bringing it. Maybe a smaller instrument like a harmonica would make sense. That's just my perspective though

Tony G

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
I did, soft-ish case, for like a month on the road and it was fine. I don't think I prefer it for train travel now though - too many ghost downtowns from Covid, and too much weight and bulk to justify bringing it. Maybe a smaller instrument like a harmonica would make sense. That's just my perspective though
Harmonicas are great but breaking a reed on the road sucks and unless your near a major your not getting it fixed

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.