Preparing for the road | Squat the Planet

Preparing for the road

Forkks

Reaction score
Hey there. I’ve had an account on this site and Couchsurfing for a while bc I’ve always known this is the path I’d end up on. Admittedly, I’m a bit of a coward, but after the last two years I know I can’t go on living the normie life.

I’m already on thin ice with the couple currently letting me stay here, so I’m planning on getting everything I need, packing up, and getting out of their hair before it’s no longer a choice.

There’s a few trains around where I am in Nebraska, but I’m also an ape so I have no intention of trying that particularly form of travel alone. Hitchhiking and walking will be my main forms of travel. Im broke as all hell right now, but if I sell my unnecessary belongings I might be able to get a backpack and boots worth their salt.

I don’t really know what else to say, but I’m happy to get to be a part of this community. Maybe I’ll even see some of you down the road some day.

Dmac

Reaction score
I got an external frame backpack you could have. It’s got a great hip belt to take a majority of the weight. But it is a bit large and it’s easy to pack too much but it’s in good shape. I think I got an old sleeping bag and basic cook kit too. Might have some other stuff , maybe an old sleeping pad and tarp ( blue unfortunately). Pm me if your interested. Good luck

DustyDark

Reaction score
I reccomend if you can get it Military boots (Tactical Research By Belleville Khyber II Boots Ive used *Not hobo btw just my experience with these boots* for around 1 year now and I love em. They are hybrid so can be too warm for Hot states like texas and new mexico but I like the insulation since im skinny. Around 150 and also reccomend new insoles personally. Take care brotha

Reactions: Forkks

Forkks

Reaction score
Everything went to shit shortly after this post and I spent 6 weeks in jail, and am legally being forced to leave Nebraska. I’m heading back to AZ where my buddies got a job lined up for me to save up some cash for a car or bike or something.

Then, I’m probably gonna try heading to the Slabs for at least a couple months. From there, who knows where the road will take me?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads