Preparing for the road (1 Viewer)

Forkks

Reaction score
Homebase
Exiled from Nebraska
Hey there. I’ve had an account on this site and Couchsurfing for a while bc I’ve always known this is the path I’d end up on. Admittedly, I’m a bit of a coward, but after the last two years I know I can’t go on living the normie life.

I’m already on thin ice with the couple currently letting me stay here, so I’m planning on getting everything I need, packing up, and getting out of their hair before it’s no longer a choice.

There’s a few trains around where I am in Nebraska, but I’m also an ape so I have no intention of trying that particularly form of travel alone. Hitchhiking and walking will be my main forms of travel. Im broke as all hell right now, but if I sell my unnecessary belongings I might be able to get a backpack and boots worth their salt.

I don’t really know what else to say, but I’m happy to get to be a part of this community. Maybe I’ll even see some of you down the road some day.

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Dmac

Wise Sage
Reaction score
Homebase
outside omaha
I got an external frame backpack you could have. It’s got a great hip belt to take a majority of the weight. But it is a bit large and it’s easy to pack too much but it’s in good shape. I think I got an old sleeping bag and basic cook kit too. Might have some other stuff , maybe an old sleeping pad and tarp ( blue unfortunately). Pm me if your interested. Good luck

DustyDark

Lurker
Reaction score
Homebase
California
I reccomend if you can get it Military boots (Tactical Research By Belleville Khyber II Boots Ive used *Not hobo btw just my experience with these boots* for around 1 year now and I love em. They are hybrid so can be too warm for Hot states like texas and new mexico but I like the insulation since im skinny. Around 150 and also reccomend new insoles personally. Take care brotha

Forkks

Reaction score
Homebase
Exiled from Nebraska
Everything went to shit shortly after this post and I spent 6 weeks in jail, and am legally being forced to leave Nebraska. I’m heading back to AZ where my buddies got a job lined up for me to save up some cash for a car or bike or something.

Then, I’m probably gonna try heading to the Slabs for at least a couple months. From there, who knows where the road will take me?

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.