Preferred way to repair clothes?

jimi

Reaction score
Put a patch on it, always! If I find a piece of clothing I like, I tend to keep it forever. I still have pairs of pants I bought from Hot Topic in like 2005. I've got several articles of clothing that are more patch than original, and most have some kind of patch on em somewhere. I try to keep one or two "neutral" looking outfits around for scamouflage, but a lot of times they end up patched or falling apart as well. Dental floss has always been the go to for me, much easier to find and steal than heavy duty waxed thread, but that's nice too if you can get a hold of it. Fuck safety pins for repair work. Also fuck normal thread. If you're working with fabric that frays easily, using fabric glue (or really most other kinds of glue) along the edges helps. Overlapping fabric and using larger patches will help repairs last longer.

Reactions: Anagor and Odin

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I recently picked up a needle to sew the torn seat of a pair of worn cargo pants back together.

My needle work is crazier than the ancient aliens dude's hair... like a freaking wacky wild birds nest of thread.

So I need to work on it. Got some great torn up stuff I refuse to throw away and a pair of rip stop carpenter pants... that haha are ripped and to small now from long ago. I'm gonna use it for patches and fix some clothes up... I will make offerings to the embroidery and crafts spirits for good luck.

MY past dabbling is ... ahhh ha, well this in an old thread.

WP_20161009_11_27_31_Pro.jpg

WP_20161009_11_47_20_Pro.jpg

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads