Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Austin, TX
Website
youtube.com
So, just to let folks know, despite the last minute location change, we still had around 16 people show up at "the end of the world" so it was a decent turn out.

I met some cool people for the first time, and others from previous jambos, and despite the cold I think folks had a pretty good time.

I'm starting this thread as a place for folks to share any photos or stories of the event. I'm especially interested in seeing pictures from the abandoned naval Base, as I was too sick to go (still recovering from bronchitis).

Anyways, I'm really excited for the 2020 jamboree which is going to be our first summer Jambo on an island! Details will be coming soon in a new thread :)

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Current Location
Northern Arizona
Website
www.youtube.com
Damn, seconding what @Crazy Hobo Johnny said. I did at least get out and ride a bit while the jambo easgoing on, so I was there in spirit, lol.

Is that @croc in that first picture?

Also, an island?!! I need details. I will be there next year. Also, anyone know if there are any other spots where most of yall hang out alot other than the slabs and NOLA when the jambo is not going on? Preferably in the western US. I'm looking to get out and travel a bit this summer. Maybe LA is in order....

croc

Vagabond
Current Location
Roads n rails

Persimmon

Lurker
Current Location
Creole, LA
Awesome place, awesome time and extremely awesome people!
I will definitely try to make it to the next jamboree.
Thank you guys for letting me be a part of this one.

brando

Lurker
Current Location
in transit
Had a great time hanging with everyone! The impromptu jambo was definitely a success. Shout out to my post jambo bum crew! You know who you are! Made lots of new friends, can't wait to see you all again. Thanks to everyone who made this possible!

texastraveler

Current Location
Texas
So, just to let folks know, despite the last minute location change, we still had around 16 people show up at "the end of the world" so it was a decent turn out.

I met some cool people for the first time, and others from previous jambos, and despite the cold I think folks had a pretty good time.

I'm starting this thread as a place for folks to share any photos or stories of the event. I'm especially interested in seeing pictures from the abandoned naval Base, as I was too sick to go (still recovering from bronchitis).

Anyways, I'm really excited for the 2020 jamboree which is going to be our first summer Jambo on an island! Details will be coming soon in a new thread :)
pretty bummed out about missing it, i'm definitately going to the 2020 jambo no matter how far i've got to swim

Daisy

Current Location
america
Probably the best last minute surprise I've experienced in a long time. Thank you again @Matt Derrick for coming to get me, I appreciate it greatly.
I have nothing but excellent things to say about every single person I meet over that weekend. You all were a privilege to hang out with and I hope we meet again!
It was equally awesome to see @EphemeralStick and Nathan again and of course @Matt Derrick.
Thank you all for making this one of the best jamborees!

I didn't take many pictures but here's what I got.

Attachments

Fuzzypeach

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Current Location
Tacoma, WA
We planned to go but we are still waiting to get the windshield replaced on our RV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Finally printed up physical copies of my hitchin' story! Cover art by @spiffypairofspoons on instagram. I added some doodles and stuff to help with formatting, and I'll be carrying copies of these when my band goes on tour in the spring!

I can busk on the way, I usually let people staple their money to me with a staple gun, spit fire or perform other masochistic acts for money.
The guide told me to type my interests and shit here, help people get to know me, I made this so i could get help catching a Freight Train to Seattle and get there by the 20th of December, 2019, never hopped a train before, thought it'd be a fun thing to do. I'm tryna get to more punk shows. Actually pretty straight edge, keep my habits to shows and campfires.
lmfao!!! im figuring this desktop thing out way slow... totally different than a mobile. this site makes way more sens to navigate on a desk top... had no clue this was going to pop up on the main lmfao!!!! it does!!! always wonderd why ppl seen my shit that didnt fallow me!!!! im getting it... slowly...
anybody ride form grand junction co to slc lately? whats the ride like rn?
A Jack-of-all-trades, and a master at being MEDIOCRE
gkyuguhilhhjkbkjgyvhgcdtrs56t7y89u0ipklnbhrtyujnutrefr7yjnkihw tov hhtol
roughdraft wrote on Hobo richard's profile.
nice to have you, welcome to the forum
Matt Derrick wrote on BlowUpTrains's profile.
Hey man, where ya been?