portugal

G

groenfontein

im moving operations from pdx to lagos, portugal (feb 3 via spain) in my perpetual quest for leisure and port..a friend of mine has set me up a job slinging drinks for 5 euro an hour..not terrible, but seeing as employees drink e gratis it was a hard offer to turn down..i found a plane ticket to madrid for $313, and conveniently have a few friends i can crash with..after a few days i plan on heading south to andalucia then on into algarve..

anybody out there know any inside info regarding the going on's in portugal?

elokupa

Reaction score
not sure about portugal but as for the andalucia part, be sure to go to Tarifa, it has a great community and sort of a bohemian feel to the place plus lots of traveller folk go there for winter as its the warmest part of europe. great beaches, beautiful landscape and a sick view of africa

wartomods

Reaction score
i am portuguese, ask anything, if you are going to algarve you are in the right track, algarve , alentejo and if you continue to south spain, it is pretty awsome.
I wouldnt opt to go Lisbon, Lisbon is pretty huge, and it can cause confusion for people who are more acostumed to a northern europe kind of city or even american ones. Architecture is different and strang and imo it is horrendous for the most part of it. It is not a straight up city, you have to know it well.

When i go to algarve most of the time i stay in Albufeira

In conclusion south iberia is pretty much win

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads