Portable water purifier.... | Squat the Planet

Portable water purifier....

Everymanalion

Reaction score
So i am going into Mexico/Central/South America soon and i am worried about when the random times when i will not have money to buy bottled water nor the means to boil any water, are there any water bottles/ purifying systems that you dont have to keep buying weird filter caps or whatever when they run out, i guess like an indefinite filtering system i could carry with me? I have found tons of travelers filter systems but they all say to carry extra filtration pads or whatever...any ideas? help? hand crank filters or am i making this up? ha

Everymanalion

Reaction score
Wait, that water purifying pen, i have read you have to keep replacing something for it to work? i dont wanna be in the middle of Honduras, thirsty as fuck and not have anywhere except the internet to buy whatever i need for it to work, how has the MSR water bottle held up?

Psyop

Reaction score
The MSR is good. You can wash the element out its ceramic so it last a long time, and its real sturdy. Down side is it weighs about a pound so if you are around towns and stuff a lot it is kind of overkill. If the water is pretty dirty I prefilter it through a bandana. I think mine was 60 bucks but i have had it a few years. http://cascadedesigns.com/msr/water...nd-hydration/miniworks-ex-microfilter/product

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads