Port Aransas, TX

texastraveler

Reaction score
There's a reason it's free, lol. There's still some alright fishing around and if you can find some sort of transport on water you can camp out in unoccupied fishing shacks on the intercoastal

Reactions: BlackJack

BlackJack

Reaction score
There's a reason it's free, lol. There's still some alright fishing around and if you can find some sort of transport on water you can camp out in unoccupied fishing shacks on the intercoastal

I'm curious, what's some of the issues with the beach camping? It looked pretty decent when I visited, but it was only 1 day, which isn't a lot of time to get a full assessment.

Thanks for the fishing shack info.

texastraveler

Reaction score
I'm curious, what's some of the issues with the beach camping? It looked pretty decent when I visited, but it was only 1 day, which isn't a lot of time to get a full assessment.

Thanks for the fishing shack info.

nothing wrong with the beach camping there, it's just that Texas beaches suck and are kind of gross (outside of padre). I've spent maybe 8 days ever in port A, but I've spent quite a lot of time around Port Lavaca and the locals there are definitely the type to fuck with dirty kids

BlackJack

Reaction score
nothing wrong with the beach camping there, it's just that Texas beaches suck and are kind of gross (outside of padre). I've spent maybe 8 days ever in port A, but I've spent quite a lot of time around Port Lavaca and the locals there are definitely the type to fuck with dirty kids

Lol, you're right about that. It is a pretty pretty funky beach, but I've seen worse (Biloxi comes to mind). I did see a few crusties camping out in Port Aransas without issue, but I know there are areas that frown upon that kind of lifestyle.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads