(Phoenix, AZ) Need a Quick Rundown | Squat the Planet

(Phoenix, AZ) Need a Quick Rundown

Darth Haggis

Reaction score
Finally fucking off from the DFW area. Got me a bus ticket out to California, but have decided to get off in Phoenix instead. What are the cops like? Chill parts of town to sleep/fly? Has anyone found a group that buys bus tickets out of town? Looking to be there for maybe a month until I can get me a bus ticket squared away. Thanks in advance, you guys fucking rock!

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Words of advice, either keep going to California, or get down to Tucson. I was just in Phoenix. It is going to get hot soon, and the cops there suck.

Darth Haggis

Reaction score
Words of advice, either keep going to California, or get down to Tucson. I was just in Phoenix. It is going to get hot soon, and the cops there suck.
Right on. Was a bit worried about the gangs in CA and I would be headed to a fairly rural area outside of Fresno. Don't trip too hard about heat after living in Texas for a decade, but shit head cops are a valid concern.

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Other words of advice. Do not try to reside in the central valley of California. Especially Fresno or Stockton. Try northern or coastal areas.

Seriously.

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yes. Shit ton of homebums, mostly on meth crack an heroin. Lots of dangerous locals. And all around nothing to do, and resources stretched to the max. I would be afraid of being preyed upon there as a traveler if you stay long enough

Others have their own experiences there, but that is my stong opinion

• Agree
Reactions: AAAutin

Darth Haggis

Reaction score
Yes. Shit ton of homebums, mostly on meth crack an heroin. Lots of dangerous locals. And all around nothing to do, and resources stretched to the max. I would be afraid of being preyed upon there as a traveler if you stay long enough

Others have their own experiences there, but that is my stong opinion
Really appreciate the advice. Think I'll follow it. Tips on hitching out of there? I know about hitchwiki and have that advice as well, but more on the practical dirty kid side of things? I'm going to be near Avenal,CA and am thinking about just taking 5 straight north, but seems like that could be a serious challenge. Trying end up either in Oregon or Idaho

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I have literally never heard of that place..... Put upon research I would say to hitch the 33 to Colinga, CA. Then take the 198 to the HWY 101 at King City. Then hitch 101 north.

Because unless you are at a truck stop or major gas station on the 5 in that area, you are going nowhere. That is on eof teh worst places to get left at on the 5. Between buttonwillow and SAC.

The 101 is a classy lady, she'll treat you right, yo

(No offense to the trashy ladies out there, Ms. 99, I-5 and 395 are also Great people....but only when you catch them on good days...)

D

Deleted member 16701

Tucsons probably a better city, but still gonna be hot as balls. Flagstaff would probably be a lot more chill though. Wouldnt it?

D

Deleted member 16701

I just hitched from Tucson to Wa state. If you can make it to Vegas then you could get a flixbus ticket to Saltlake for 15 bucks if you buy for the right day (i dont mean weeks in advance. It could be day of or the next day). Once you get outta Ogden to Pocatello its basically a cake walk west on the 84 all the way to Portland. (If you only take rides that land you in sizeable towns).
If youre not set on going through Cali id reccomend it, cuz S idaho was the easiest hitching both times ive been through there..

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ya flag would be cooler. But you are still better off further west.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads