Video Pet food review...what homebums do when bored

D

Deleted member 20

I hate humbums but I like how eerily crazy, predictable & uniform they are all across the county. They speak there own version of crazy. I hate people who exploit & bully others too, especially those who are mentally ill, addicted to alcohol/drugs & or down on their luck. I dont think its so crazy that a homeless person ate dog food as its probably as safe as any canned food regulated by the USDA (hope you like horse meat). I dont like that there sounded like there was disdain in the guy filming. I bet if you offer many homeless, hungry, chemically addicted down & out homeless people cash, booze or drugs that they will do anything on camera. They have given up on living with dignity and or caring about consequences. This vid reminds me of bumfights, selfies with the homeless or other degrading stuff we do to make people less fortunate feel even less.

K

Kim Chee

@highwayman that was me filming. My homebum friend was not paid for his endorsement. It was early in the day and he was already drunk. I'm not sure where you got the idea that I sounded as I had disdain in my voice. To each his own though.

I thought it would be funny to film. He mentioned several times that he would eat dog food (but never cat food). I finally bought a can (which the dog in the background finished). btw: The guy in the background said that he would eat cat food, but would never eat dog food.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20

The guy in the background said that he would eat cat food, but would never eat cat food.

LOL that is perfect homebum rationale.

Perhaps it wasnt disdain that I picked up on rather that you guys were friends & were just having a laugh. People on "Fear Factor" surely have eaten much worse things that werent even remotely considered food items. Hearing that you guys know each other makes it all seem much better. I am sure you have seem people in simmilar situations exloited for laughs on the internet.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
@mmmmmmmichael

Shoulda sat down and shared the can with him... maybe heated it up with some spices if you had or some hot sauce.
And a few more tall boys.
I'm not being sarcastic either... I've tried a dog biscuit... and I'm not a home-bum... nor would I be ashamed to be one.
A persons station does not determine they're worth.

Preacher

Reaction score
Don't have to be down and out to eat dog food, just a stupid teenager. Friend of mine was 16 and bet that he could eat a 16oz can of dog food. And it wasn't the chunky-in-gravy-with-veggies like in the video. That stuff almost looks like beef stew. This was the solid lump of meat. Doesn't look like that much does it? Looks can be deceiving. He spread it on bread with mayo. Got through about half the can and thought he was gonna burst. Forced half a third sandwich and puked from forcing it. :rolleyes: Told him he wouldn't make it. ::woot::

• Haha
Reactions: Odin
K

Kim Chee

@mmmmmmmichael I've tried a dog biscuit... and I'm not a home-bum... nor would I be ashamed to be one.
A persons station does not determine they're worth.

I bet a dog biscuit or a jerky treat is a lot easier to stomach than that stuff. He actually "likes" dog food. I'll agree with what you say about worth.

Don't have to be down and out to eat dog food, just a stupid teenager. Friend of mine was 16 and bet that he could eat a 16oz can of dog food. And it wasn't the chunky-in-gravy-with-veggies like in the video. That stuff almost looks like beef stew. This was the solid lump of meat. Doesn't look like that much does it? Looks can be deceiving. He spread it on bread with mayo. Got through about half the can and thought he was gonna burst. Forced half a third sandwich and puked from forcing it. :rolleyes: Told him he wouldn't make it. ::woot::

I guess I have a weak stomach, because if the wrong thought comes into mind when I smell that stuff I want to hurl.

Art101

Reaction score
I ate a can of cat food with ramen one time...Want my wisest choice but yeah I did it and I imagine I was hungry enough I would again.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
heh - as a kid I'd sneak out to the shed (we lived in a trailer smaller than you see trucks pulling - 4 kids two adults) where the washer and dryer was and crunch happily on purina dog chow. Then Mom spoiled my hidden fun the one day and said they put horse meat in it (She knew I loved horses). End of my purina days.

• Haha
Reactions: Odin
K

Kim Chee

Then Mom spoiled my hidden fun the one day and said they put horse meat in it (She knew I loved horses). End of my purina days.

When I was stationed in Germany I took a girl on a date to a castle. I knew she loved horses and there it is...pferdewurst! I got some for both of us and we ate it and we both thought it was pretty good. After I told her what it was only half of us thought it was good. Good times, for sure.

(Don't feel bad for her, she was a cop in the Air Force).

lone wolf

Reaction score
i ate dry dog food once. well tasted actually, chewed one piece and spit it out.
it was a cheap brand and my dog wouldn't eat it. wanted to find out how bad could it be... lesson learned.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
@Tude... lol horse meat.

When I was a kid... and now still. I love Salami, tomato, and onion sandwiches.:)
My brother used to taunt me all the time that its made with ground horse and donkey meat.:eek:
I would munch my sandwich sullenly and flip him the bird!!!::shifty::

Tude

Reaction score
i ate dry dog food once. well tasted actually, chewed one piece and spit it out.
it was a cheap brand and my dog wouldn't eat it. wanted to find out how bad could it be... lesson learned.

hehe - When i first got my little dog - I bought what I thought was some pretty cool dog food as seen on commercials - forget what brand it was but the pieces were shaped and looked like a steak - brilliant red and white little steaks. She ate them but wasn't crazy about them - then I smelled it - smelled like play doh and of course next came the taste test, hehe - they were pliable and tasted like play doh. Patoo. tossed that out and went back to the store.

K

Kim Chee

Patoo. tossed that out and went back to the store.

Has your cat's food passed the same test...or were you just tempted by the delectable little steakettes?

My friend liked the dog food. I'd buy him a can right now if I could (but I'd probably just get him chili anyway).

Tude

Reaction score
Has your cat's food passed the same test...or were you just tempted by the delectable little steakettes?

My friend liked the dog food. I'd buy him a can right now if I could (but I'd probably just get him chili anyway).

Ha, caught red handed ... hehe - i do a mix of dry food - a regular dry food, a science diet for hairballs and a science diet for oral care. Looks like big coco puffs. hehe so while at my local pet store - owner says they are coated with a meat (cats pick out the coco puffs first) - so we both tried one. They are not a coco puffs lol and they kinda tasted like meat.

hehe do ya think I have a small problem? hehe

K

Kim Chee

@mmmmmmmichael - lol - am I helping you out with your pet food selections? hehe

I do remember seeing the little steaks advertised years ago. The idea that they taste like meat is interesting. I don't think I'd consume petfood unless there was nothing else to eat for days. But if I ever did, I'd be sure to make something that was good enough to share in the punk kitchen.

If I were still in SLO I'd like to think that I'd have several pet food reviews with both dog and cat food. Eventually, somebody would want me to have a nibble. Maybe I'd be a little curious as I've never seen an unhappy cat on a can. Dry food could probably be dumped in a bowl with some milk and banana slices.

I do have another petfood review posted here. You should check out what @Traveler has to say.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
JUst thought I would add this...

Its an excerpt from wikipedia on pepperoni.

Pepperoni is usually made from a mixture of pork and beef.[1] Turkey is also commonly used as a substitute, but the use of poultry in pepperoni must be appropriately labeled in the United States.[7] In the Caribbean Islands and other parts of the world, donkey and horse meat is a common ingredient.

Mmmmmmm Caribbean pepperoni.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads