People see what they wanna see rant | Squat the Planet

People see what they wanna see rant

William Howard 2

Reaction score
Been detained for the 25743588th time. Who would think society would be so protective of there garbage? But I just realized that we see what we want to see in people. Police always assume the worst, but you know, they aren't alone. We can have a crazy psychotic narcissistic ego manic as our leader, and yet half the country thinks he's a saint sent by God. So many millions of people only see what little actual good is in him, yet with us all people see is what little bad we have. It's like other people just enjoy having us to kick. I SEE the pleasure in there eyes when they do get there bias confirmed. And trust me, when you look hard enough for something, you will always find what your looking for.

Sorry rant over.

Jerrell

Reaction score
a crazy psychotic narcissistic ego manic as our leader, and yet half the country thinks he's a saint sent by God
Kinda sounds like "The Antichrist" they used to warn me about in the survivalist pentecostal religion I was raised in.

• Haha
Reactions: fabio

William Howard 2

Reaction score
I'm sorry to offend anyone. I didn't mean to make this political. I just. Idk. I see how some people can excel in life by creating what really is a story, a narrative. It doesn't matter how good or bad a person really is, but what kind of Myth they can spin around to justify to others what they do. And I just don't have that story telling ability. Maybe that's why others always assume the worst in me because it's a product of language. Others assume the best in Trump because he's good a making stories.

I guess I'm just now realizing how important speech is to having a good life. Those who can't speak well just end up being ran over.

Sorry sorry rant over seriously.

• Wow
Reactions: angerisagift

vannevar

Reaction score
I'm sorry to offend anyone. I didn't mean to make this political. I just. Idk. I see how some people can excel in life by creating what really is a story, a narrative. It doesn't matter how good or bad a person really is, but what kind of Myth they can spin around to justify to others what they do. And I just don't have that story telling ability. Maybe that's why others always assume the worst in me because it's a product of language. Others assume the best in Trump because he's good a making stories.

I guess I'm just now realizing how important speech is to having a good life. Those who can't speak well just end up being ran over.

Sorry sorry rant over seriously.

quit fukkin apologizing. and quit talkin about trump. talking time is over. in fact, talking about shit is worthless. itz time to preemptively minority report his ass. and his stupid fukking followers at the same time.

Bedheadred

Reaction score
I once witnessed the manager of a grocery store ripping food we dumpstered out of my friends hands, throwing it on the ground, and threatening to beat his ass if he ever set foot on the premises again. He practically admitted he'd rather see us starve then let us have his trash. What a fucked world we live in.

Reactions: iONik

William Howard 2

Reaction score
Good grief! See I don't understand how anyone can come out of an event like what you went through and still be able to keep there sanity. I mean, I know that's what people think deep down and yeah it works on me. My life is just utterly worthless to them. But you know, I would still take a bullet for those very people.

• Sad
Reactions: Odin

Bedheadred

Reaction score
Good grief! See I don't understand how anyone can come out of an event like what you went through and still be able to keep there sanity. I mean, I know that's what people think deep down and yeah it works on me. My life is just utterly worthless to them. But you know, I would still take a bullet for those very people.
I guess I just don't have any expectations about human behavior so I'm rarely surprised or upset at things. I'm pretty apathetic about most things honestly. I guess I'm just jaded.

Reactions: iONik

William Howard 2

Reaction score
I guess I just don't have any expectations about human behavior so I'm rarely surprised or upset at things. I'm pretty apathetic about most things honestly. I guess I'm just jaded.
Maybe that is the best way to go through life, with a sort of detachment. But the people I see who do practice non attachment are those who have been hurt the most and that's only a reaction to the trauma they went through. It wasn't like there first choice. It's more of a way to handle a broken heart.

Sometimes I just think about a line from Antigone "woe to the nation when the dead are above and the living below."

It's like those who are "alive" and feel and love are sent to there premature death, while the rest carry on like perpetual zombies above. "The inverse of nature" blah blah. Blah.

(Rant over I super pinky promise)

• Sad
Reactions: Odin

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
well.. it's kind of like this:
if you let people have garbage for free, then everyone will take everyone else'ds garbage..
which means they don't work to make the garbage,
which means that if everyone took everyone else's garbage, no one would *make* garbage..
which of course would be an all holy fuck economic collapse..

& fuck this environmental/ecological/biological horse shit about all life eating some other life's garbage.. that shit is just leftwing commie propaganda to keep people from doing their part to make more shit than we can viably process into anything other than coranary buttplugs for our fucking planet..

dumpster diving isn't only unpatriotic & an indication of basic laziness & moral corruption, it's down right subversive & a threat to all things that are fundamentally of value to western civilization and the healthy progression of the essential Godliness intended for the human condition into Holiness & Perfection as designed into the framework of Creation by the Intellect of Almighty God (Who, by the way, is Christian & will kill you if you disagree..)

so all you hungey, lazy, hate to work 9-5 or more fucks?

you're not only hurting the economy, but you deserve to be damned in burning hell, shot & damned in burning hell, again & again & ain & again, forever ad infinitum, in that fucking order.

if you really want a meaningful, enlightened existence that puts you in touch with truth, go get a job with bill fucking gates & help turn his armies of pagans into the religion we all know this country was fucking founded upon, ok?????

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I think @creature is just telling a story to illustrate the way ass hole managers like the one that tore food from a divers hands thinks.

Creature is like wise man at the tribes campfire. His posts are like the musical jumping spastic rhythm of tale told by firelight to scare the children and make the adults think.

Reactions: mouse

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I've dived the Aldi dumpster around here a few times... not had problem yet\ ... but I do know one of the managers is an asshole and chases off this harmless old man I know who asks for quarters to return shopping carts(the ones with the quarter slot in them)

William Howard 2

Reaction score
I think do owe creature and everyone else an apology.

I think his speech fits with the sub theme about speaking. His speaking style relies entirely on shock value. It's designed to give the audience a jolt, but at its core it's just jolt without any further substance, just like a drug. All it does is stimulate emotions without giving any actual logical content (so is it any wonder I acted irrational?) And like a bad doctor, they hand these out without any concern for the listeners well being. That's what frustrates me. It's like an imitation of "epistame" or whatever that "sting" you get from a speaker. But it's only when it's knowledge, not emotional content that's supposed to use that. If we think creature is a "myth" maker, then, like myths, he should take into account how the stories impact his audience in the long term, not just the immediate shock value. Myths were created as teaching tools to help guide younger members of the tribe to be good people and navigate the world around them. But just imitating its style indiscriminately is not good myth.

I just think that's why it's so appealing to some people. It's like a quick fix with simple myths but like a bad drug it leaves a long lasting negative effect on people. I think my wares are not attractive because it doesn't give that instant "high", but I would like to pretend that it's better for people in the long run.

William Howard 2

Reaction score
See this is exactly what I mean when people see what they want to see -_-

You look at a speech that is mostly poison and a little good, and we think it's all good. You look at a speech that mostly good with some poison, and it's all poison.

I give up. You win. You can't reason with people if they have no reason.

• Useful
Reactions: Odin and iONik

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads