parking a car outside a squat

ratsteak

Lurker
Current Location
Port Charlotte, FL
i'm planning on scoping out some places in FL to do some temporary/practice squatting since i haven't done it before and i want to get confident with it before i do anything big. i've got a car (pretty fucken sketchy looking.. duct-taped tire arch, huge scratch from when someone keyed it, some mysterious yellowish splatter on the window that i keep forgetting to clean, etc) but i don't want to sell it, so i'm not really sure what i should do with it

what do yall do with your cars if you have them? i feel like parking even a normal-looking car outside an abandoned place would get pigs sniffing around. especially if it's in some suburb. and maybe parking at a nearby lowes or wmart would be ok for a little while but i would stress so hard about it getting broken into. i have no idea how much vehicle storage costs or if i would be able to afford it.

alternatively, maybe parking outside a squat isn't really that big of a deal at all? i wouldn't know

Waters

Pilgrim
Current Location
Milky Way
i'm planning on scoping out some places in FL to do some temporary/practice squatting since i haven't done it before and i want to get confident with it before i do anything big. i've got a car (pretty fucken sketchy looking.. duct-taped tire arch, huge scratch from when someone keyed it, some mysterious yellowish splatter on the window that i keep forgetting to clean, etc) but i don't want to sell it, so i'm not really sure what i should do with it

what do yall do with your cars if you have them? i feel like parking even a normal-looking car outside an abandoned place would get pigs sniffing around. especially if it's in some suburb. and maybe parking at a nearby lowes or wmart would be ok for a little while but i would stress so hard about it getting broken into. i have no idea how much vehicle storage costs or if i would be able to afford it.

alternatively, maybe parking outside a squat isn't really that big of a deal at all? i wouldn't know
What part of Florida? I'm in Tampa

roguetrader

Vagabond
Current Location
Exeter, United Kingdom
like you say the car will probably attract attention to your location - i'd park it nearby but not right outside your squat building, take all valuables out and leave a 'broken down but not abandoned sign' in the window, which might explain its continued presence to passing cops...

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Current Location
Melbourne, AUS
Yeah street parking would be your best bet. unless there's like a longer hidden driveway you could drive your car all the way up to the house. I've never worried about it too much but I guess our vehicles/motorbikes were in decent shape too

Current Location
Montreal
If theres other cars parked around, I wouldnt sweat about it at all. Maybe just move it around a bit so it looks like it's being used?

If it looks out of place, I would park it at the nearest place where a car wouldn't look weird and have the same strategy