Pants/bibs for stick legs | Squat the Planet

Pants/bibs for stick legs

Haystack

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck finding work pants/bibs for people with stick legs (without getting them altered)? I'm not talking skinny jeans tight, but all the normal work gear feels like clown pants on me. I can fit both of my legs in one leg of Carhartts with room to spare. Nothing seems to feel or fit right and makes for tucking them in boots difficult and uncomfortable. My jeans just don't hold up anymore and I really would like to find something more durable without having to get them altered.

On a side note I know of the slim Dickies, they're not durable at all and ripped within 2 days and didn't seem like the quality Dickies used to be known for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mankini
K

Kim Chee

People who wear work pants/bibs normally don't have stick legs.

Sounds like you are on the opposite side of the spectrum of yoga pants looking for obese folks.

I hope somebody has a hot tip for you that you can use.

When you have several layers that shit fits...put it on.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Honestly coveralls are over rated, other than crust points they really don't serve much purpose in my opinion. I've owned many over the years and I just stopped bothering. Comfort over style, but fuck I'm getting kind of old now so maybe out of touch..maybe its time for yoga pants...

• Haha
Reactions: Mankini
D

Deleted member 125

learn to use a sewing machine.

ive sewn up every pair of pants ive had since high school and for the same reason as you, i wear a 32 waist and 32 waist pants legs just tend to be to baggy for me, even with long johns under neath of them, i dont like my clothes skin tight by any means but i dont like so much extra fabric that i feel like im going to be blown away in a strong wind. ide check out some surpluss stores and try a pair of bdu's, ive had the same pair for almost 8 years and aside from the crotch having some small patches on it a minr tear on the right leg that is easilly fixable and some wear on the button area i havnt had any problems with them. double padded knees, double padded ass, and bike tubes work amazing as patches on them in those areas you tend to have rips in. just dont dew em too tight or you wont be able to move in them. when i was learning how to sew my pants the way i like them to fit i looked at "relaxed" fit levis and basically copied that pattern taking into account that bdus are not levis and are sewed a different way (lower crotch and the padded knees and ass are just a few things to take into account)

but depending on where you wear yer pants (on the waist, above the waist, below the waist wherever) you may need to take into account yer dick if you have one, it can be pretty frustrating having to tuck yer dick to one side all of the time in pants that dont stretch because you sewed them wrong.

im 5'10 about 180, and wouldnt say i have stick legs, i just like my clothes to fit. heres a picture of my pants on top of a brand new pair of size 32 black bud;s. hope the photo helps judging how much to take in and what not, also dont cut off the bottom of the pants ever. roll em up if you are short or wear boots and like yer pants above yer boots like i do.
P_20160303_130406.jpg

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads