Pack advice | Squat the Planet

Pack advice

DIY Nihilism

Reaction score
Hey!

So, i was thinking on upgrading my pack, at the minute i've just been using some cheapy pack i picked up in some surplus store. It does the job, but it's not very big and wont store stuff for long trips (I only really do walking for short periods currently, with a tent set up as a "base" before going home.) Been thinking on something bigger, and probably more hard wearing for future use so i can carry more and spend longer out and about without returning, or even just carry a tarp ect in it to completely get rid of this need.

From research i've gathered an ALICE pack or a MOLLE pack seems a good option? What are opinions on these, or would you suggest something completely different? Not really looking for high tech plastic packs you find in walking shops and such, never ever had good experiance with them and so much more expensive anyways.

Thanks in advance! Keep safe all!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i personally prefer more high-end hiking packs like the deuter series, but i currently own the osprey farpoint 70, which is nice cause it has a sweet day pack that's detachable.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads