Pacific Crest Trail

Dro

Reaction score
ya bro i defiantly would recommend that fosho! I worked on that trail and walked for many moons on its great trail, great experience, great time, but i would recognize that you bring some kind or for of psychelics or something make the great time even greater.

REDYELLOWBLUE

Reaction score
I was fortuanate enough to come by the PCT all happen stance and what have you.
After a backpacking outing one summer. how you approach this will be based on three things
1. Are you headed north to south or south to north?
if N to S , youll have it alot easier seeing as you dont have to worry about the dramatic climate changes and you will end up in LA. sweaty and trying to avoid snakes and such
if S to N, youll need to plan a tad bit more accordingly , due to the mass ammounts of hail/rain/sleet/snow that tend to show up in the northern reigons of California / oregon/ washington, but this is the way i took, and it was 10x more beautiful the more i went north.
2. Gear- how well supplied are you ? there are some days where you wont have a chance to refuel water rations and such becuase of the sparseness of the trail. As said before be prepared for harsh weather conditions the further you climb into the sierras, but if youve got a decent tent / jacket youll be fine.

3. Navigation- there are pdf files you can download of each section of the PCT which will add great detail to your being able to navigate this beast. I found that at some instances i really couldnt see any trail at all and went roundabout until i happened to run into it. i had a cheap map and this was the price i paid for it.

some great places along the way
Kennedy Meadows and the Relief Resevoir
Gold Country
at around the 2100 mile mark i had found melted snow run off water falls that werent too cold and i was able to bathe and fish to my hearts content.
Rumor has it that there is a cabin somewhere East of the trail just before you arrive in oregon that is creepy as fuck ,
if your into that sorta thing.
Bien Viaje!

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
A buddy of mine did the walk from the Mexican boarder up into Canada last year or so. Hes on here as "spearchuka", not sure if hes still comes on here these days but you should drop him a line.

Jps

Reaction score
I was fortuanate enough to come by the PCT all happen stance and what have you.
After a backpacking outing one summer. how you approach this will be based on three things
1. Are you headed north to south or south to north?
if N to S , youll have it alot easier seeing as you dont have to worry about the dramatic climate changes and you will end up in LA. sweaty and trying to avoid snakes and such
if S to N, youll need to plan a tad bit more accordingly , due to the mass ammounts of hail/rain/sleet/snow that tend to show up in the northern reigons of California / oregon/ washington, but this is the way i took, and it was 10x more beautiful the more i went north.
2. Gear- how well supplied are you ? there are some days where you wont have a chance to refuel water rations and such becuase of the sparseness of the trail. As said before be prepared for harsh weather conditions the further you climb into the sierras, but if youve got a decent tent / jacket youll be fine.

3. Navigation- there are pdf files you can download of each section of the PCT which will add great detail to your being able to navigate this beast. I found that at some instances i really couldnt see any trail at all and went roundabout until i happened to run into it. i had a cheap map and this was the price i paid for it.

some great places along the way
Kennedy Meadows and the Relief Resevoir
Gold Country
at around the 2100 mile mark i had found melted snow run off water falls that werent too cold and i was able to bathe and fish to my hearts content.
Rumor has it that there is a cabin somewhere East of the trail just before you arrive in oregon that is creepy as fuck ,
if your into that sorta thing.
Bien Viaje!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads