opinions needed on a pack | Squat the Planet

opinions needed on a pack

K

Kim Chee

You have this pack in your possession and you still want the opinion of another?
Not sure what you plan on doing with it, but if I tried to ride a train with it I'd probably
get hung up on shit all day as it is pretty tall and pay for it with my life.
If you're just going to camp in the bushes with it, maybe its ok.

travelin

Reaction score
I dont hop trains, dont plan on living out of a pack(anymore), so i do not know what kind of pack works for this kind of stuff. These big expedition packs are outside of my experience, i always used alice packs until recently beginning to outfit a cfp 90 for my piddling little one and two day flyfishing and rockhounding runs.

The opinions of you who have and do literally live out of packs is valued.

thank you for your thoughts.

D

Deleted member 2626

Too big, my buddy had one like that, sucks for trains and living, shit gets to the bottom and you got to take some stuff on top out to get to the bottom. A smaller internal frame pack is the way to go, those big ones get caught crawling into a grainer

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
That thing is huge, might be useful for packing up a camp long distances in the brush... What are you using this for? Any more stuff, you may want to think about dragging a cart along to help with the load.

travelin

Reaction score
im not using it for anything. it was just part of a buy that included a two burner propane camp stove. the guy says, "hey, ill toss this pack in for xxbucks".

i really have no use for it as i have the cfp-90 and medium and large alice packs and web gear with enhanced buttpack. got all sorts of options for packing.

i was just wanting to know peoples opinions on that style and size of pack. had the thought to put it up for sale for pretty cheap.

dagaz

Reaction score
Website
www.AmericanRuin.etsy.com
In that case, opinions don't matter.
what others are willing to pay for it matters.
best way to gauge that is on eBay. (you're already half way there)
check out the completed listing for the most relevant/current market price.

good luck.

travelin

Reaction score
want to thank all of you for your opinions. like i said, i have no experience in these kind of packs and do not know how well they work.

Sprouticus

Reaction score
Best packs in my opinion are the Northface daypacks. I like em cause the are really small and i feel really agile when i wear one. Easier to get around and sneak into place and wont snag. Most are available in black. Mad tough too.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads