Onramp you may want to avoid in Gilroy, CA | Squat the Planet

Onramp you may want to avoid in Gilroy, CA

Reaction score
If you find yourself hitching south on the 101 in CA out of The Bay, you may want to avoid the southernmost onramp in Gilroy, right off of Monterey Road, next to the Hilton. Or at the very least hitch at the very bottom of the onramp. It goes up a hill, two lanes with a very wide pullover shoulder. It looked perfect so I went up near the top to give people time to see me. A shady looking dude is walking up the opposite side and once he gets closer near I am, asks what I’m doing. I tell him I’m trying to hitch to LA. He gets pissed and starts screaming about how “we live here” (referring to the patch of trees and tall grass behind him and how I need to go to the bottom and stop “bringing sweat on them.” Luckily a lady pulled up right as I was heading down and gave me a ride. So yeah, territorial homebums on that ramp, at least as of now.

D

Deleted member 25220

If you find yourself hitching south on the 101 in CA out of The Bay, you may want to avoid the southernmost onramp in Gilroy, right off of Monterey Road, next to the Hilton. Or at the very least hitch at the very bottom of the onramp. It goes up a hill, two lanes with a very wide pullover shoulder. It looked perfect so I went up near the top to give people time to see me. A shady looking dude is walking up the opposite side and once he gets closer near I am, asks what I’m doing. I tell him I’m trying to hitch to LA. He gets pissed and starts screaming about how “we live here” (referring to the patch of trees and tall grass behind him and how I need to go to the bottom and stop “bringing sweat on them.” Luckily a lady pulled up right as I was heading down and gave me a ride. So yeah, territorial homebums on that ramp, at least as of now.
THANKYOU for illustrating current political leanings in Cali on ramps!
Geez
Are you serious
That’s like saying
“ the air in this room is mine to breathe”
Ridiculous

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads