one of the greatest movies ever... SUBURBIA

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I totally thought you were posting that shitty horror movie from the early 2000's "Suburbia".

Glad to see it isint that, lol

Reactions: ScumRag

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
huh - looks interesting - "coming of age drama/thriller". (from wiki) and the punks ..."The punks are played by Chris Pedersen, Bill Coyne, Timothy Eric O'Brien and Red Hot Chili Peppers' bassist Flea, amongst others. "

Reactions: Desperado Deluxe

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
yes, this is definitely a classic punk rock film. actually makes los angeles look kinda cool... kinda. back in the late 80's maybe?

eli

Reaction score
Oh man I love this flic! I lived in a punk house where we would watch this like twice a month. One of those movies where clearly people involved knew what a little about the punk scene, unlike so many other punksploitation films of that era. Rad.

Reactions: ScumRag

ScumRag

me, hellarity, oak, ca. about 2006
Reaction score
Oh man I love this flic! I lived in a punk house where we would watch this like twice a month. One of those movies where clearly people involved knew what a little about the punk scene, unlike so many other punksploitation films of that era. Rad.

Good! I'm glad you like it! It's in my favs list on YT but pretty certain its on Vimeo too. I remember watching it as a kid in the late 80s with all my sibling's new age friends & skaters- not somuch of a punk scene in the rural midwest back then; but it gave us hope for "real life" once we got older....

Reactions: Desperado Deluxe

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I remember watching this movie in 1991 and the scene at 32:00 entirely changed the way my friends and I were going about feeding ourselves. There were occasionally garages open with refrigerators exposed but we found more luck in the mobile home parks of elderly folks. So many of those mobile homes had a spare refrigerator or better yet a freezer outside under their car ports. Definitely don't feel too proud about that now, but back then it seemed to make a lot of sense.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
I remember watching this movie in 1991 and the scene at 32:00 entirely changed the way my friends and I were going about feeding ourselves. There were occasionally garages open with refrigerators exposed but we found more luck in the mobile home parks of elderly folks. So many of those mobile homes had a spare refrigerator or better yet a freezer outside under their car ports. Definitely don't feel too proud about that now, but back then it seemed to make a lot of sense.

LOL - back in the day we would score occasional beers from those outdoor fridges - and then we found the mother load --- man had 2 outdoor fridges, one with food, the other was converted to a beer cooler/pourer with a half barrel inside. Guy finally locked his porch ...

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
just a random thought, but i saw a neat movie addon for our forum software that let you import imdb info and other things for movies. i thought it might make for a cool movie section of the forums that is for travel-related movies only? although i think it would also be practical to include movies like this that include squatting and other such related activities.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads