Omw out of florida.. | Squat the Planet

Omw out of florida..

BlueGirl

Reaction score
Where is b-ham lol?? Sounds great, I'm sure that there are some great times going on ;) definitely look forward to talking some more!! Where can i message besides here, email, facebook?? Thanks for messaging, much love, Blue

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Birmingham, Alabammer...

er... it's 3 am

okay I'm gonna put some frop in me pipe...::cigar::

try to get a few more hours of real sleep

iron maiden, excellent.::woot::

welcome.

also

you can

try this for "dawgz"

https://squattheplanet.com/road-dogs/

Last edited:

BlueGirl

Reaction score
Thank you much, so are you part of crisywantstorunaways crew in AL? Odin?? Ya, I assumed since it was on my post about leaving FL. It would be in FL.. Then realized everyone has profiles, derrrr... ;) so, yes, Birmingham sounds great!! Definitely looking to travel all over and meet up with a bunch of cool peeps all over!! Iron Maiden is awesome!! I do agree!! Sleep, sounds nice, none here as I was asleep all day, sadly. Well, Odin thanks for the message!! Much love, Blue

Reactions: Odin
Reaction score
Thank you much, so are you part of crisywantstorunaways crew in AL? Odin?? Ya, I assumed since it was on my post about leaving FL. It would be in FL.. Then realized everyone has profiles, derrrr... ;) so, yes, Birmingham sounds great!! Definitely looking to travel all over and meet up with a bunch of cool peeps all over!! Iron Maiden is awesome!! I do agree!! Sleep, sounds nice, none here as I was asleep all day, sadly. Well, Odin thanks for the message!! Much love, Blue
Old newbie.. As in been down this road b4, just been a while. Stuck in Tampa, FL. Looking for road dawgs! Leaving any second now. Where to, anywhere but here!
I dont know if you have left yet but I am looking to travel as well and I am located in melbourne FL I am looking for a partner as I am new but not too new!

Dorkimus Prime

Reaction score
Just let me know, I prefer to avoid busses and such haha florida is just so hard to hitch from

The police are my only concern. Florida is probably the hardest state on hitch hikers. I've been considering catching the mega bus or greyhound into Georgia then going from there.

Get to the east coast and you should be able to get a ride on i95 north if you come up to Jacksonville you can catch a ride out west from i10 or continue north on i95. Try sitting on one of the on/off ramps near a city is your best bet. Just make sure NOT to have a sign asking for money/food while in Florida or the cops will be on you like flies on shit.

Reaction score
The police are my only concern. Florida is probably the hardest state on hitch hikers. I've been considering catching the mega bus or greyhound into Georgia then going from there.

Get to the east coast and you should be able to get a ride on i95 north if you come up to Jacksonville you can catch a ride out west from i10 or continue north on i95. Try sitting on one of the on/off ramps near a city is your best bet. Just make sure NOT to have a sign asking for money/food while in Florida or the cops will be on you like flies on shit.
yeah hahaha I was actually going to look and see if i could just get a ride out of florida then start from there, Do you know any other states that the cops are big? Thanks

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
yeah hahaha I was actually going to look and see if i could just get a ride out of florida then start from there, Do you know any other states that the cops are big? Thanks
the most obvious advice as a somewhat experienced traveler is to try to get towards st Augustine which is pretty chill. you can take the bus to jax from there. you'll also find a lot of cool people in savannah and Charleston. the reality of the area that your in is that the cops suck varying more on which city your in and not so much what state.

Reactions: Novathebrightest

Dorkimus Prime

Reaction score

the most obvious advice as a somewhat experienced traveler is to try to get towards st Augustine which is pretty chill. you can take the bus to jax from there. you'll also find a lot of cool people in savannah and Charleston. the reality of the area that your in is that the cops suck varying more on which city your in and not so much what state.

Like Gaucho said just get to know the area. I would ask around about a specific place ahead of time before you go there so you'll have an idea of what it's like.

I always advise extra caution in Florida because there are a lot of counties who are tired of dealing with the masses of tramps migrating there every winter so they adopted ultra tough policies for dealing with the homeless. They want to look for an excuse to throw you in jail and make your experience there so miserable you'll never come back.

Also just avoid Myrtle Beach, SC at all cost. It's full of gangs and cops who are on a mission to throw you in jail if you even look like you're a tramp.

@Gaucho Deluxe I was actually thinking of heading to Savannah first then starting from there. It's pretty laid back and has a nice tourist area. I haven't been to St. Augustine in a while but last time I was there the city was cracking down on pan handling and trying to get the tramps and hobos out of the city.

Reaction score
Okay cool thanks

Reaction score
Like Gaucho said just get to know the area. I would ask around about a specific place ahead of time before you go there so you'll have an idea of what it's like.

I always advise extra caution in Florida because there are a lot of counties who are tired of dealing with the masses of tramps migrating there every winter so they adopted ultra tough policies for dealing with the homeless. They want to look for an excuse to throw you in jail and make your experience there so miserable you'll never come back.

Also just avoid Myrtle Beach, SC at all cost. It's full of gangs and cops who are on a mission to throw you in jail if you even look like you're a tramp.

@Gaucho Deluxe I was actually thinking of heading to Savannah first then starting from there. It's pretty laid back and has a nice tourist area. I haven't been to St. Augustine in a while but last time I was there the city was cracking down on pan handling and trying to get the tramps and hobos out of the city.
Hahaha yeah I lived in mrytle beach once hahaha

Zombielo

Reaction score
We are trying to get from Jacksonville Florida to Springfield Missouri

Attachments

• IMG_20180704_210001.jpg
    IMG_20180704_210001.jpg
    541.9 KB · Views: 266
  • MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1530389479337.jpg_1530389485208.jpeg
    MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1530389479337.jpg_1530389485208.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_20180702_200838.jpg
    IMG_20180702_200838.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_20180630_120224.jpg
    IMG_20180630_120224.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 235
  • MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1530389355579.jpg_1530389359542.jpeg
    MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1530389355579.jpg_1530389359542.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 289

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads