Old dog in search of new tricks | Squat the Planet

Old dog in search of new tricks

Celeree

Reaction score
Hi all.. love the site!

Am a student of knowledge, and this looks like a place with a wealth of information.

A small bit about me, in my 40's, widowed, the blinders have come off and I buck the norm, always have. Wish to learn from you guys. I bought a van 6 months ago with the intention of it being my home should I need it. Have outfitted it to fit my purpose. Have no idea how long my current living situation will last. And, if I ever had to go back to the bullshit Mon-Fri job I'll more than likely put a bullet in my head. I want to learn as much as I can, and hopefully contribute some, as well.

Thank you for having me. Peace.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Wow - welcome to our site - glad you like it!! Sorry about being widowed. That is definitely a life changer - but now to move on as I think you are doing.

There's a subforum just for you in rubber tramping should you decide to do that. Plus do read all the stories and info on here - this is what drew me to this place a while ago. Good info, good people and lots of interesting links and input.

Welcome - and do have fun and be safe!

Any idea or plan on where you want to go first if you don't do the mon-fri thing? Oh and you are not old in your 40's, ahem.

Reactions: Celeree

Celeree

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! :)

No idea where I'll be headed, yet. Originally planned on visiting all 50 states to spread some ashes, but that shit gets expensive. Rethinking that. About to sell something and it will be all the money I have in the world left. Want to hold on to as much as I can for as long as I can. I know how to live cheap. Can always learn new things, though.

Thinking of finishing off the van (in need or transmission repair) with a backpack ready to go, live simply, and cheap. I never want to be stuck in the 'normal' way of living ever again.

Reactions: Dmac

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Good luck with your journey and new challenges and exploration.
I know about the 9-5 mon-fri deal. I recently liberated myself from that cycle... maybe not forever... meh... (I could always go for more than nien to five. go back to the motherland and become a nerf-herder... ha... >.>) but I am lucky... as lucky as a hermit man can get to be free to start to develop new options.
So I share anticipation... once I get it together enough to leave.

Welcome to STP.

Reactions: Celeree

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score

No idea where I'll be headed, yet. Originally planned on visiting all 50 states to spread some ashes, but that shit gets expensive. Rethinking that. About to sell something and it will be all the money I have in the world left. Want to hold on to as much as I can for as long as I can. I know how to live cheap. Can always learn new things, though.

Thinking of finishing off the van (in need or transmission repair) with a backpack ready to go, live simply, and cheap. I never want to be stuck in the 'normal' way of living ever again.
Best of luck, Celeree, My advice is simple: "the west is the best, get here and we will do the rest" ~ Jim Morrison.

Reactions: Odin

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Best of luck, Celeree, My advice is simple: "the west is the best, get here and we will do the rest" ~ Jim Morrison.

I've had a strange upbringing... born in the wrong or strange generation... delayed exposure... so I'm not the biggest music knowledgeable connoisseur/aficionado... I enjoy a variety of music but sometimes I may have ADHD...

What does that matter...?

FUck yea The Lizard King!

Should a never left cal... only an hour away from sac... and should gone up north to see the redwoods.

love me two times baby...::cigar::

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I've had a strange upbringing... born in the wrong or strange generation... delayed exposure... so I'm not the biggest music knowledgeable connoisseur/aficionado... I enjoy a variety of music but sometimes I may have ADHD...

What does that matter...?

FUck yea The Lizard King!

Should a never left cal... only an hour away from sac... and should gone up north to see the redwoods.

love me two times baby...::cigar::

You sound like fun at a party!

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
You sound like fun at a party!

Yea I can find a way to bridge silent spaces... sometimes.

Just takes an open mind and some trialogues by The Bard...

The original Stoned Ape. TMcKenna.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

if you haven't heard of it already, check out http://cheaprvliving.com, it's pretty much the best resource out there for van living.

• Useful
Reactions: angerisagift

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
That site is how I found this one. :) But thanks!! For anyone who hasn't checked it out, I definitely recommend! *thumbs up!*

just out of curiosity, where was the link on CRVL to stp?

Celeree

Reaction score
Think it was just mentioned in a thread, can't remember. Looked it up out of curiousity (always curious about everything!!) and saved it to read for later and here I am. :) Always looking for other peeps and info on living different/alternatively. Thanks for having me.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads