Oh so Lost

RovingAnarchist

Reaction score
A few things:
a) a trade is always good to have.
b) Burning down a Marriot is a fine thing, and I applaud your good idea! Maybe we could get together and do one that's next door to a bank as a two-for-one.
c) if you've got track-tested skills but no proof, lie. Seriously. My resume is more or less fiction, and it works every time. I'm in second-in-command of a software company right now, based solely on BS and know-how. No one in a small business has time to check that shit. If you're confident in your ability to do the job, and no one is going to ask to see your licence, claim it.

Reactions: Sip

Sip

Reaction score
I'll bring the gas, and the lighter, you bring the ski mask. Also, I never really thought about lying. Always figured they'd catch me on the background check. I feel confident to do most jobs. Unless it's something real technical, you can usually learn it in a few days.

RovingAnarchist

Reaction score
Like I said, the background check is pretty much just a threat. Unless it's a place big enough to have an HR department (now those bitches haven't got anything better to do than fuck you around), background check *might* mean a phone call to an old employer. Maybe. Usually they'll forgo that if they like you in the interview.

I have a desk job, which is to say it's the exact same stuff no matter where I am. MS Office and Quickbooks are the easiest things in the world to learn, and will get you a job with very little hassle.

bigwillyt

Reaction score
The CDL will open hundreds of doors. I personally recommend manual labor. You get paid good money to work out. I love that I've done landscaping for your exact situation. It will always be in demand and it's not a hard trade to learn. With a CDL you could even drive for a landscape company. It's hard work but I think throwing a shovel for a while will get you thinking about what you want real quick, and get you in shape at the same time.

Reactions: RovingAnarchist

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads