Question - oh Canada | Squat the Planet

Question oh Canada

moderntrivia

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I haven’t researched this much yet but maybe someone else has. This morning I’ve been thinking about how to permanently live in Canada, maybe even gain citizenship, despite me not even being allowed in Canada due to a larceny charge (which occurred at a Rite Aid).

I was thinking I cross into Canada, check into a cheap motel with cash in Ottawa, go to the US embassy and carry out the process of renouncing my citizenship, then mail everything that identifies me back to my mother’s house in Michigan. If I’m then subsequently confronted with Canadian police or border patrol, I give them a different name. Obviously they’d be able to identify me by fingerprint but as I don’t have American citizenship, they can’t forcibly deport me.

What do you think?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
that's a pretty terrible idea. canada isn't just going to let you stay without citizenship and america isn't going to let you renounce your citizenship without telling canada. also, im not sure why you posted this in alternative housing.

if you're really determined to live in canada, go there legally and burn your identification and just live under the radar.

moderntrivia

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
that's a pretty terrible idea. canada isn't just going to let you stay without citizenship and america isn't going to let you renounce your citizenship without telling canada. also, im not sure why you posted this in alternative housing.

if you're really determined to live in canada, go there legally and burn your identification and just live under the radar.
I can’t go there legally nay-sayer

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
nay-sayer
then how the fuck are you going to get to the embassy in canada? dumbass.

also, it's not nay-saying just because you don't like the answer.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I’m getting there because I’m an American
omg dude it doesn't work like that. please go do some actual research on this subject and come back when you're a little more educated.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads