Occult on the road | Squat the Planet

Occult on the road

Bluesman91

Reaction score
Was wondering if there are any practicing occultists on the road? Do you have ritual tools? Even though they aren't needed, if one has say a ritual dagger/ritual wand in their pack, has it made any cops suspicious?

Reactions: arianaholland1

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Ha - wiccan here and while my travels are more orchestrated and long distance bicycling - I don't take my stuff (hell even my little cauldron weighs a bit) and I love my knives and they also stay home. hehe Was just pawing through my stuff tonite - here are my two favorite ritual knives - sharp as hell and I'm sure a cop would just love to pick up on these. hehe I do travel with a couple of pre-made spells or set them in motion before I leave. :)

20150225_211307.jpg

Reactions: hobopoe

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
@ThatKid - hehe hoodoo - btw I love dead fly art. I'm on many websites and I go through my stages of dead flies avatars or even cartoon cats horking up hairballs -- hehe confuses everyone - <scratches head> Um why the dead fly? CAUSE IT'S ODD. hehe I mean hell - who sits there and positions a dead fly or many - sometimes a dead bee or moth and maybe draw on it and photograph it. Yep ODD - I like it :D

blackroze

Reaction score
Yo, travellin Chaos Magician! I have the good luck of being able to pick up any random rock, stick, or piece of garbage and turn it into a tool :p THOUGH these days I do carry with me a small Altoids tin with some small talismans and super special ingredients.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I once met a wiccan girl at a night club in Chico Cali... when I was in the military.
We connected for one moment in time on a party night.
On the dance floor... oh yea... :p
Sigh.

technotrash

Reaction score
Was wondering if there are any practicing occultists on the road? Do you have ritual tools? Even though they aren't needed, if one has say a ritual dagger/ritual wand in their pack, has it made any cops suspicious?

i carry a few things with me. A piece of quartz from somewhere i think of as home, a piece of aventurine, and a knife my grandfather gave me when he died (it's a little folding pocket knife but it works ok as a wand/dagger for my purposes), sometimes i bring tarot cards with me but i'm not so into those anymore.

Not to hijack this thread or anything, but if folks feel like it, i'm working on a zine about spirituality/mysticism amongst travelers and other subculture-y types. PM me if you feel like submitting anything relevant. we especially need some ART!

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
Tarot cards which I use for personal meditation. I used to give readings for people but havn't been doing it much as of late. And sometimes a bible. But I usually find myself in a rage hurling a soaking wet bible off into the woods.
I also carry stones around but I usually use them to make jewelry even though I do focus my intent on them for specific purpose. At one point I had a wand but yea that's long gone. I try not to keep things of super value on me anymore. The cards seem to always stick with me I've had my current deck for a few years now and they're in fairly good shape with thousands of miles of travel. They have the usual wear and tear but no water damage or anything like that.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads