Featured - Notes on Eastern Europe | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Featured Notes on Eastern Europe

fernfern

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm heading to Timisoara in Romania next week for a traditional music festival. Just wondering if you have any contacts or the like for couchsurfing or free camping? Your trip looks amazing, by the way!

Hey! Sounds like a cool festival. Unfortunately we didn't go to Timisoara so I don't know anyone there. We mostly met people in Brasov and Sibiu. I do know that there's a cool black metal band based in Timisoara called Negura Bunget. I feel like they might be involved in a traditional music fest. If not you should try to see them play. Have fun! Make sure you go hiking.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
hello again! I realized I haven't made an update in over a week and I'm bored here in Kraków, drinking a beer and thought "why not make a somewhat drunk post on StP?"
since we last spoke:
1. I went to Prague! it was full of American and Australian twats and everything was more expensive than the rest of Eastern Europe. we didn't stay long. the coolest part of the city was the Kafka museum, which is kind of like a trippy art installation + artifacts.
View attachment 30860
2. next I hitched to Dresden and stayed with the German friend I met hiking in Bulgaria. he could only host for a night so we found some cool anarchists on couchsurfing and crashed at their 19 bedroom house with gardens. the first day I was there my hosts invited me to a pro abortion rally in annaberg bcholz. we danced and shouted and threw condoms at the pro lifers. I didn't take pics but here are some from the press.
View attachment 30861
View attachment 30862
3. i headed to the polish border, crashed in a city park, crossed the border by foot at görlitz, then took a train to wrocław and then Kraków, where I now sit, sippin some unfiltered Czech beer and looking for people to hang with. Zak went to a workaway gig in western Poland and he's apprenticing with a mad scientist, so I'm on my own. so... who wants to hang out?
more pics:
View attachment 30863
View attachment 30864
View attachment 30865

daaaaaamn that shit is sick :)

how much longer do you have over there? are you going to make it back in time for the jambo?

Hitchham

Reaction score
8 Avenue de Vallesvilles, 31570 Saint-Pierre-de-La
Hello guys,im new to this site and i just fell in love with hitchiking and traveling somewhere and meeting new people.im hitchiking around baltic states yet,so,now im going to Poland(Elblag) this thursday,have anybody been there?i cant find any information about that place(only not so mutch history,castles,but i will be there for 3 days),so im just gonna walk around : ) does anybody have any suggestions what to do there ?:) thanks :

fallingseastar

Reaction score
Couchsurfing, in my experience, in Europe is off the chainnnn. Super easy, people were pretty rad and just heaps of folks to choose from practically everywhere. Goodluck though.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads