News & Blogs - Norway man rescued after climbing into public toilet | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs Norway man rescued after climbing into public toilet

K

Kim Chee

I've got to admire this gentleman's willingness to go out of his way for his friend

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37196629
image.jpeg
Cato Berntsen Larsen was unable to climb out of the toilet

Firefighters in Norway have pulled a man from the inside of a toilet after he lowered himself in to retrieve a friend's phone and became stuck in the tank below.

Cato Berntsen Larsen climbed feet-first into the public facility after his friend dropped the phone while urinating.

Mr Berntsen Larsen said he had volunteered to enter the tank, which is not connected to the sewer and which is only emptied once a season.

The 20-year-old became sick as he stood thigh-deep in its contents, and had to spend an hour completely enclosed in the small area.

"I panicked because I hate confined spaces," he told Norwegian newspaper VG.

"It was damn disgusting - the worst I have experienced. There were animals down there too."

To make matters worse, Mr Berntsen Larsen quickly threw up after entering the tank, which was standing room only.

_90938689_newsattfastidosagdopp.jpg
Firefighters were forced to destroy the toilet
The unfortunate turn of events had begun when Mr Berntsen Larsen's friend shouted for help to get his phone back.

"I did not think twice," Mr Berntsen Larsen said about his decision to go in.

But the amateur diver immediately realised he was stuck. He later described himself as "apparently thin enough to go down but not thin enough to come up again".

Firefighters were forced to destroy the toilet, which is now out of service.

Mr Berntsen Larsen sustained injuries to his upper arms and said he believed he had been bitten several times. He was treated at hospital and given antibiotics.

He was not successful in retrieving the phone.

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
Wow. I can't think of a single item that is so valuable to me that I would jump into a vat of shit to retrieve it.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
When shit hits the fan... toilet man is there for you!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads