Northern New York to Colorado

Jay Indy

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm currently enrolled at a state university in new york. I used to go home for breaks and sit on the couch watching reruns of 'House MD' but now I travel, despite "not having the money for it". Spring 2013, was one of those semesters for me, you know the ones where you come close to fAiling 0ut for no other reason than being in the wrong environment, with a dash of laziness. But that's what happens when your at a state school everything is handed to you. I've always had a taste for adventure and danger. I admire those who travel from and live off the minimum. It use to be that the furthest west I've been hasn't been too far from the east coast. but after that semester I thought I would try standing on my own. I've been to 6 new states that summer, hitchhiking from Ny to Vt, and orlando to ft. lauderdale, living off my own earnings (plus the graciousness of strangers). Now I'm looking to go west, Colorado and California, two states I'd like to see. oh and I'm hitch hiking/ freight hopping there. with a bag of necessities and my guitar my craft for when I need to make a few bucks. I've learned from last trip, hence bug spray and sleeping bag, but still i'm vastly in experienced and open for anyones advice. Thanks guys.

Jay

p.s. advice on freights would be most appreciated

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads