Nonbinary Audio Nerd based in the UK | Squat the Planet

Nonbinary Audio Nerd based in the UK

Dust

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm Dust, a nonbinary musician in my early 20s living in the UK - my plan is to move to Sweden when I can (let me know if you have any insight into that or would like to practice beginner Swedish with someone!)
I'm passionate about the environment, mental health, queer topics, urbex, travel, philosophy, design, brutalist architcture, and strange synth, ambient, weird, textural, orchestral music and a lot more! Let me know if I can help out with anything related to that, or if you've got a passion project you could use some audio help with (music, foley, sound design, mixing, engineering other audio stuff). I'm always happy to get involved in interesting things - when I have the free time.

I've also done some nice urbexing (including respectfully in Chernobyl); always happy to talk about that too!

Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

~Dust

• Love It
Reactions: Barf and Bibs

roguetrader

Reaction score
hey Dust, fellow UK resident here...

I'm way down in Devon betwixt Dartmoor and the South Coast... I'm a total music nerd too - guitarist / vinyl DJ and fledgling producer - I'm hoping to join the analogue resurgence soon and drop some cash on some drum machines and synths, amazing as it is laptop production just ain't for me....

so onto Sweden - one of my oldest friends lives over there - he's a chef in a high school and also the singer in a straight edge punk band, I can't remember which city he lives in but if you make it over there maybe I can put you in touch... he's a very sociable guy and it's good to have as many contacts as possible when you move to a new country....

feel free to message me if you wanna chat about life and stuff....

the_roguetrader

Dust

Reaction score
hey Dust, fellow UK resident here...

I'm way down in Devon betwixt Dartmoor and the South Coast... I'm a total music nerd too - guitarist / vinyl DJ and fledgling producer - I'm hoping to join the analogue resurgence soon and drop some cash on some drum machines and synths, amazing as it is laptop production just ain't for me....

so onto Sweden - one of my oldest friends lives over there - he's a chef in a high school and also the singer in a straight edge punk band, I can't remember which city he lives in but if you make it over there maybe I can put you in touch... he's a very sociable guy and it's good to have as many contacts as possible when you move to a new country....

feel free to message me if you wanna chat about life and stuff....

the_roguetrader
Hi! I'm in the South but not quite as far west as Devon - and yes, analogue just has a certain tactile nature and feels better suited to experimentation and collaboration. i've got an eclectic collection of a few bits; a behringer synth or 4 here, a '60s tape machine there, and some field and contact mics in between. i like experimenting with strange sounds and effects in and out of the box, and have a very cheap collection of second hand instruments like a violin and guitars.

that would be amazing! i pretty much dont know anyone out there at the moment so it would be great to talk to someone with a better understanding.

what's life like for you? also happy to move to pm.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads