Nomad-philosopher from Texas | Squat the Planet

Nomad-philosopher from Texas

Aventuristo

Reaction score
I'm a nomad from Texas aspiring to be a modern day Cynic philosopher: wandering from place to place and striving to be increasingly free from irrational cultural conventions and rules and living closer to my inherent nature. Practically speaking it's not much different from what most nomads already do, but I like to feel like I'm the member of a philosophical tradition.

I left home because for years I couldn't really think of anything else I wanted to do except nomad around the country, and even though leaving was one of the most difficult things I've done, I haven't looked back since, and I've been traveling for around 4 months now, although most of that time was living at one commune or another. I registered here instead of just being a passive lurker because traveling can be pretty lonely and I'm hoping to connect with some good people here (and also because I would like to hop trains but I haven't met anyone in real life who could teach me).

Last edited:

roguetrader

Reaction score
cool man, always good to have a bit of theory behind the chaos ! have you studied philosophy in the past or something ? .... I always liked the idea of the Situationist derive ( or drift ) where a small group of people set out to explore a city in the most spontaneous fashion possible, taking whatever random route(s) inspire them at the time.....

Reactions: Juan Derlust

Aventuristo

Reaction score
cool man, always good to have a bit of theory behind the chaos ! have you studied philosophy in the past or something ? .... I always liked the idea of the Situationist derive ( or drift ) where a small group of people set out to explore a city in the most spontaneous fashion possible, taking whatever random route(s) inspire them at the time.....
I've studied a far bit non-academically, primarily Cynicism, Stoicism, Buddhism, and a bit on Epicureanism, alongside all sorts of political philosophy. The derive sounds like it could be really cool, maybe someday I'll do that.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads