nola or bust

S

slum

im trying to get new orleans by april 1. im in philly. if any one has a ride that be great. i also was told about the allentown hot shot. def not trying to hitch hike. i need to get down there a drive a kitchen bus for some kids.

R

reXfeReL

sorry dude, no longer IM outta allentown to orleans. Your best shot, if in a hurry, is to try to catch the FEC to jacksonville, then junk it west. PM for details or if you have any ?'s, there's a few IM's to jacksonville aside from the FEC as well, one of them is way easy to get outta harrisburg.

F

FrumpyWatkins

Your best bet if you are in Philly is head up to the Norfolk Southern intermodal terminal at Morrisville, just across the river from Trenton, NJ. There is at least four intermodal's that head to Nola weekly. They're going to be heading out at night. You might have a shot at catching one at a Philly yard too if it makes any stops, but the chances of finding the right one at an unscheduled stop are slim. Also most of those trains take a route west towards Harrisburg, making the chances of finding a direct ride in Philly to Nola rare.

However I'm curious what becomes of cargo that arrives at Port of PHL destined for the South, I guess they split it up regionally and funnel it from various yards.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
slum wrote:
im trying to get new orleans by april 1. im in philly. if any one has a ride that be great. i also was told about the allentown hot shot. def not trying to hitch hike. i need to get down there a drive a kitchen bus for some kids.

i live in new orleans... send me a message sometime whenever you get here.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads