Night Creatures | Squat the Planet

Night Creatures

Jerrell

Reaction score
So I'm up all night. Always. I don't even start to get close to tired until after 3am (CST). I usually lay down about 5am and get up between 11am and 3pm. My natural sleeping rhythm has always been this way. Moving around to different time zones does affect the times I get tired/wake up which is interesting in itself.

Anyway, I've been thinking about that lately. I'll be headed west of the middle toward southern Colorado. Since I'm living out of my tent, I'll be rural for the most part, but will eventually hit some cities since I plan to roll up to the PNW.

Does anyone know of towns or cities out west that have good options for night owls besides the usual bars/clubs/truck stops?

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
How do you fill that much time in the dark while living from a tent? Especially in a rural area? Good source of electricity? For me living outside always shifted my sleeping cycle to go to bed when it's dark and wake up as soon as the light crept up. Most smaller towns I know of out west get sleepy when the sun goes down. Denver Phoenix and Tucson might have what you are looking for, but everything in New Mexico closes down early pretty much.

Reactions: justanotherperson

Chazten

Reaction score
Yeah what wind said, I assume you don't yet live In your tent and you allow artificial lighting to keep you awake. If you stay up til 5 every night laying in your sleeping bag with your eyes closed you may become a zen master pahahaha

Jerrell

Reaction score
How do you fill that much time in the dark while living from a tent?
Well, if I'm able to have a campfire, I can stare at one of those for hours. I always find something to keep me occupied whether it's listening to music or looking at the way the sky reflects off a body of water or using my NV monocle to walk trails and/or watch nocturnal animals do their thing. It's not much different than being awake in the daytime. Boredom drives me to find shit to do. haha

Reactions: anyiki

Dmac

Reaction score
Spend the day hiking with your pack on, if you get tired enough it will make sleeping at night easier. It works for me.

Reactions: Jerrell and Odin

BelleBottoms

Reaction score
My sleep patterns are really close to yours, Jerrell. I kind of hate it. Mom raised me to use daylight as a resource, and I'm still guilt-ridden at 40 for sleeping past noon.

Boy, do I wish there was more available to quell boredom and loneliness after 8pm. Anywhere. Let me know if you come across anything...

Reactions: Jerrell

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads