Night Creatures

Threads
Current Location
Slabs
Website
jerrellofearth.wordpress.com
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
So I'm up all night. Always. I don't even start to get close to tired until after 3am (CST). I usually lay down about 5am and get up between 11am and 3pm. My natural sleeping rhythm has always been this way. Moving around to different time zones does affect the times I get tired/wake up which is interesting in itself.

Anyway, I've been thinking about that lately. I'll be headed west of the middle toward southern Colorado. Since I'm living out of my tent, I'll be rural for the most part, but will eventually hit some cities since I plan to roll up to the PNW.

Does anyone know of towns or cities out west that have good options for night owls besides the usual bars/clubs/truck stops?

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Threads
Current Location
silver city, new mexico
Reactions
86% 0% 13%
How do you fill that much time in the dark while living from a tent? Especially in a rural area? Good source of electricity? For me living outside always shifted my sleeping cycle to go to bed when it's dark and wake up as soon as the light crept up. Most smaller towns I know of out west get sleepy when the sun goes down. Denver Phoenix and Tucson might have what you are looking for, but everything in New Mexico closes down early pretty much.

Threads
Current Location
Daytona
Reactions
92% 0% 8%
Yeah what wind said, I assume you don't yet live In your tent and you allow artificial lighting to keep you awake. If you stay up til 5 every night laying in your sleeping bag with your eyes closed you may become a zen master pahahaha

OP
OP
Jerrell
Threads
Current Location
Slabs
Website
jerrellofearth.wordpress.com
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
How do you fill that much time in the dark while living from a tent?
Well, if I'm able to have a campfire, I can stare at one of those for hours. I always find something to keep me occupied whether it's listening to music or looking at the way the sky reflects off a body of water or using my NV monocle to walk trails and/or watch nocturnal animals do their thing. It's not much different than being awake in the daytime. Boredom drives me to find shit to do. haha

Threads
Current Location
outside omaha
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
Spend the day hiking with your pack on, if you get tired enough it will make sleeping at night easier. It works for me.

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Threads
Current Location
folks who know me have my #.
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
some folks just don't need as much sleep as others..

if you have extra life, Man, don't waste it...

Threads
Current Location
Chino Valley, Arizona, USA
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
My sleep patterns are really close to yours, Jerrell. I kind of hate it. Mom raised me to use daylight as a resource, and I'm still guilt-ridden at 40 for sleeping past noon.

Boy, do I wish there was more available to quell boredom and loneliness after 8pm. Anywhere. Let me know if you come across anything...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Donate to StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$40.00
Goal
$50.00

Latest Status Updates

FenrirFox wrote on Gaucho Deluxe's profile.
Goocho only follows me! Lol.
The canaries are a catastrophic area since yesterday, global warming ain't gonna pass tommorow, i'm scared of the fucking ocean in general, let alone fucking tsunamis and shit, and even if i'd stay off the beaches, the rains are so heavy that the trip seems pointless, someone kick me while i'm down
Fuck this shit, 3 months of preparing for a trip to the Canaries just went down the drain, my guitaritst bailed out of the idea to start a job and a "steady life", my bestie is getting all weird and i don't think she wants to go.
i was already preparing for going solo when suddenly life (fucking Shell and coal miners!!!) was all like "nooo of course you don't want to go"
going crazy..
i dont get people. i am heartbroken, society disappointed and road sick for the last few months.. i need help..
Happy 40th birthday, jonestown massacre.
YOUR HEART IS A MUSCLE THE SIZE OF YOUR FIST
Leo
Finished working in Dutch Harbor. In Anchorage for now.
A bottle in one hand
A joint in the other
A scar on my heart
I carve another
You ever just look at a word and it freaks you out because it's spelled right but you start thinking on some meta shit how does this noise mean this concept? 'Smooth' freaks me out right now.
Sleipnir wrote on Gaucho Deluxe's profile.
is there a reason you down voted my post? it was on topic, and the people there were pretty horrible. so unless you were one if them, im confused

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
Steve bennett