Newbie here, saying hello! | Squat the Planet

Newbie here, saying hello!

tchavers

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
Here is a quick intro and what will be my "about me" section. I travel as much as I can. It isn't as much as I'd like or as much as I used to, but I am on the road more than anyone in my circle of friends. I hit 13 states and 2 provinces in the last year. I've been to 49 of the 50 state with minimal desire to make it to Hawaii at this point. My wife is an amazing travel partner, but doing it full time isn't for her, so it's travel on the weekends and random road trips when I get the time off of work.
When we are on the road, we sleep in my minivan and keep it as cheap as I know how. That's actually part one of how I stumbled on STP. If I spend less money on everything else, that's more money that can go in my tank. Luckily my travel interests are usually free. I love urbex, street art, hiking, strange museums and roadside attractions like giant rocking chairs. In short, I am a home bum with the heart of a rubber tramp.
Part two of how I got here was my nephew. He is a dirty kid and has been shooting back and forth across the country for a few years now. Before he left everyone else was trying to convince him not to go because "He would get killed", "It's too dangerous" and "That's the life of a loser"; I was one of the few people that supported him going. It's funny to me that the people that say don't go some where or don't do something the most are often the ones that have seen and done the least in life. I did a lot of hitch hiking when I was younger, and have slept in some strange places, but it had been a while and I have 0 experience with trains. Finding this site(and some others) was my way of trying to hook him up with some as much knowledge as I could before he left.
That's about all I can think of at the moment, but feel free to hit me up with questions if you have them.

TayNZ

Kiwi Vagabond
Reaction score
Welcome to StP! SafeTravels!

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome!!!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
awesome man, great intro, and welcome to the community!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Nice intro and welcome! Really sounds like you have it down - traveling, urban etc. :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads