Newbie here, planning on leaving Knoxville soon

bloom

Reaction score
Hey, I have been considering leaving Knoxville and hitting the road for some time, just waiting for the right moment. If anyone's passing through or in the area planning on doing the same, I could use a travel companion!

bloom

Reaction score
I'm not the most knowledgeable about survival on the road, which is part of why I could use the company of someone more experienced, but I have been playing drums for years and could probably busk that way.

bloom

Reaction score
Welcome to stp! There's so many good resources for info on traveling on here, between that and just getting out there and learning stuff for myself, I figured it out over time. How are you planning on getting around?
Walking, buses, possibly hitching and train hopping. The hitching and train hopping would be less daunting if I had someone with me to show me the ropes. Though, as you said, I may just have to learn on my own. I might end up taking a Greyhound out to Portland and meeting up with some folks out there.

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
Cool yeah, when I first started traveling I went solo on buses and couchsurfed and stayed with friends. Then I dragged a friend hitching with me for a while, then went to solo hitching and eventually hopping. I've never traveled with anyone more experienced than myself, so it is possible to just get out there and go but finding someone to travel with can be more fun and less daunting

Reactions: bloom

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads