Newbie Fresh B-) | Squat the Planet

Newbie Fresh B-)

TheKyd

Reaction score
I recently met an amazing wandering hippie who stole my heart and inspired me to travel. I have NO idea where to begin my planning, but the amazing wandering hippie recommended I start here.

So, any advice on how to run away from home at 26?

Reactions: Shaggy Rogers

The Hiker

Reaction score
That's awesome that you're here! Start reading through different areas of the site on hitchhiking, car living, gear, and figure out how you want to travel. The other big thing is to not listen to naysayers, because MANY people will try and stop you "for your own good" or some bullshit. If you have questions, someone has probably posted about it here. Good Luck!

coyote mogollon

Reaction score
I recently met an amazing wandering hippie who stole my heart and inspired me to travel. I have NO idea where to begin my planning, but the amazing wandering hippie recommended I start here.

So, any advice on how to run away from home at 26?
Hay, Im new to the site as well, but have been ramblin on and off since I was 16, my god that's 40 friggin yrs...this aint advice really but something to ponder, I just basically loaded up a Honda bike and went for it. When three states west the old geezer keeled over, I left it by the road and started hitching. Haven't really stopped since, but many pauses. Advice? I would have researched more where I was going. But who's to really say? Reading folks like Kerouack and Kesey and Muir put me in the mind set. A good backpack, boots and bag while not critical does make a long hiway trot a little easier. These days, think bad weather, esp heat

japanarchist

Reaction score
One thing I recommend if you're going to backpack it: load up everything you think you need in your pack then walk around away from "home" with your pack on for at least 4-5 hours (maybe for 2-3 days). You'll know everything you'll need to take after that.

Reactions: Anagor and TheKyd
D

Deleted member 16701

Just remind yourself it gets easier once you adjust and dont worry about getting jobs cuz they'll come along. Easy come easy go.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads