Newb Planning to Hit the Road

• Thread starter Deleted member 19100
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 19100

Hello everyone! As titled, I'm in the planning stages of becoming a "misfit traveler". I have a good feeling that it's what I've been looking for in my life and hoping someone here can find some parallels and confirm my suspicion or maybe prevent me from a making a huge mistake haha!

I've always been changing my plans, whether it be living quarters, work, school, hobbies etc. My most vivid memories are when I was transitioning between things, like when I moved to and from the oilfield: living out of my truck along with my dog. It seems to me that anymore than 3 months in the same place and I get a bit unnerved/restless. Have navigated a lot of depression, anxiety and substance abuse. Predominantly anxiety nowadays. I'm veryyy comfortable with being an introvert!

That being said, I have a pretty good background to prepare me for these kind of travels: was a reserve infantryman in the CF, I've hitchhiked Eastern Canada, decent experience camping/canoeing/bushcraft/camp skills and nursing skills to stay healthy. I have a downright sexy set of camping equipment (winter and summer). My dog is a pitbull cross; nearly bulletproof.

As for travel plans, I've been eyeing the chilkoot pass monument to the stampeders (YT) for some time now.

:D

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome! There are SHITLOADS of great info on here, and it's pretty easy to find with the search feature.

If you're in the southern California area around the end of October, I would HIGHLY recommend hitting up the dirty scouts jamboree; it's gonna be a fuckin' BLAST!

Safe travels! ::drinkingbuddy::

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome to stP where the stone temple pilots got their name from us.

Welcome to STP...

Until 1982, STP was defined as a temperature of 273.15 K (0 °C, 32 °F) and an absolute pressure of exactly 1 atm (1.01325 × 105 Pa). Since 1982,STP is defined as a temperature of 273.15 K (0 °C, 32 °F) and an absolute pressure of exactly 105 Pa (100 kPa, 1 bar).

Haha back back in my intro I tried to make a stone temple pilots ref.... end no one laughed :(

Heh n bro almost, is throwing standard temperature pressure chemistry n physics at us.

Love this site.

@Dontaskme welcome to the site... I been planing for years to do full time travel but instead morphed into part time home bum n just in the last few weeks got my excelsior bravado certificate of full time homebum with couch surfing fam option cuz mema will tolerate me sober... hahaha

.... also soon to be possible pizza engineer...

anyway...we all got diff stuff going on, goodluck and take advantage of all the experience and info you can search for here...

I have learned a lot though not enough about trains, dumpsters, people, life, and as long as I'm acting like a surly geezer 300 yrs older than my flesh I still have a lot to learn.

Stay busy n positive life can be pretty cool in many different ways.

A

AlwaysLost

Haha back back in my intro I tried to make a stone temple pilots ref.... end no one laughed :(

Heh n bro almost, is throwing standard temperature pressure chemistry n physics at us.

Love this site.

@Dontaskme welcome to the site... I been planing for years to do full time travel but instead morphed into part time home bum n just in the last few weeks got my excelsior bravado certificate of full time homebum with couch surfing fam option cuz mema will tolerate me sober... hahaha

.... also soon to be possible pizza engineer...

anyway...we all got diff stuff going on, goodluck and take advantage of all the experience and info you can search for here...

I have learned a lot though not enough about trains, dumpsters, people, life, and as long as I'm acting like a surly geezer 300 yrs older than my flesh I still have a lot to learn.

Stay busy n positive life can be pretty cool in many different ways.

To confess I just cut and pasted that I only understood half of it lol

• Haha
Reactions: Odin
D

Deleted member 19100

Yes haha! Stone Temple Pilots and chemistry references! A big grunge fan myself actually, but hardcore punk is eclipsing it more recently.

If you're in the southern California area around the end of October, I would HIGHLY recommend hitting up the dirty scouts jamboree; it's gonna be a fuckin' BLAST!

I JUST realized that if I can get my TJ certified I could definitely make the Jamboree!!! OH. MY. BUDDHA. Gotta get to work :D

germanbini

Reaction score
Welcome! You'll find a lot of info and kindred souls here.

Oh and
1520277_orig.png

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads