New… TX to Cali Hitchhiking?

mtw89

Reaction score
Hi!

single, non smoker, sober -non user/nondrinker (no judgement!) female soon (almost immediately) to be traveler.

new to the site, and have been absorbing as much info and sites from the threads as possible! Had this a year ago before my resources and complete life savings went down the drain - I would NOT be as anxious driven, but life happens. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Resources or not, hitchhiking from hour+ west of Houston to California is still the goal. Any further tips, suggestions, help will always be appreciated. Trekking lowkey - whether thru hitch or train and weighed down with little to no possessions.

I have an ideal version of a route, head toward San Antonio and stay on i10 throughout- assuming the hitchhiking gods bless me. 😂 if anyone is either mid trip or super familiar or has any specific tips- like I said that would be appreciated.

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: Joey Garbanzo

heroinjane

Reaction score
Hi!

single, non smoker, sober -non user/nondrinker (no judgement!) female soon (almost immediately) to be traveler.

new to the site, and have been absorbing as much info and sites from the threads as possible! Had this a year ago before my resources and complete life savings went down the drain - I would NOT be as anxious driven, but life happens. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Resources or not, hitchhiking from hour+ west of Houston to California is still the goal. Any further tips, suggestions, help will always be appreciated. Trekking lowkey - whether thru hitch or train and weighed down with little to no possessions.

I have an ideal version of a route, head toward San Antonio and stay on i10 throughout- assuming the hitchhiking gods bless me. 😂 if anyone is either mid trip or super familiar or has any specific tips- like I said that would be appreciated.
I'm out here in odessa texas and plan on hitting the road soon. If you wanna come this way and we can go together. Not sure what part of Cali your looking to get to but I've always wanted to see salvation mountain. I'm non judgemental on however you wanna live your life and can respect anyone's choices in life so long as it don't needlessly hurt animals or ever hurt children :)
Let me know

train in vain

Reaction score
That's a much easier train ride than that long ass hitch. Then again I am over 6 ft tall and look like an axe murderer so ya know..youll have an easier go at it probably haha. Just stick to i-10. Piece of cake.
My specific tip: Get a knife and dont be afraid to use it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads