New to The Forums and New to Travel!

Ivy Vines

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm Ivy, a new gal to this forum and to the world of traveling in general.

To say I'm completely new would be a lie. I've gone on the average family vacation and I've moved states three times during my 18 years of life. I absolutely love camping and hiking! My passion, likely, stems from there, but just this summer, I've decided that I want to devote my life to traveling the world, meeting new people, trying new things, and exploring. The relation that I could live this way came from my introduction to Into the Wild my junior year of high school. I no longer feel pressured to live one way or another because a road-style life seemed unrealistic. It's incredibly freeing. I've never had a passion that's struck me with butterflies before.

With that being said, my road experience is still very limited. So far, the longest I've spent on the streets is a week, and that was close to home.

Right now, I'm focusing on finishing up my last year of high school and landing a diploma. After that, it'll be a year of restaurant work and freelance artwork on the side. During that year of work, I plan on accomplishing my first sort-of-big, planned trip, by biking 280-something miles across my state. From there, I'll see where the tide takes me.

I hope to meet friends here and learn all I need to know before setting out for real.

Thank you for taking the time to read!

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome Aboard Ivy! You're in the right place!
Theres plenty of information here for your research and people here on STP can help and share their experiences with you if you have any questions.
love your write up! Yes, finish high school first then after that, hit the road!
Again, Welcome to STP!

Reactions: Ivy Vines

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
welcome to stp - sounds like you have a plan in place - and a good one. Finish up the education you started and plan and plan - use all our resources and develop a great after graduation trip plan. And the long distance bicycle trip sounds awesome. Good luck and congratulations on your future plans! :)

Reactions: Ivy Vines

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads