New to The Forums and New to Travel! (1 Viewer)

Ivy Vines

Lurker
Current Location
Eastern Florida
Hey everyone! I'm Ivy, a new gal to this forum and to the world of traveling in general.

To say I'm completely new would be a lie. I've gone on the average family vacation and I've moved states three times during my 18 years of life. I absolutely love camping and hiking! My passion, likely, stems from there, but just this summer, I've decided that I want to devote my life to traveling the world, meeting new people, trying new things, and exploring. The relation that I could live this way came from my introduction to Into the Wild my junior year of high school. I no longer feel pressured to live one way or another because a road-style life seemed unrealistic. It's incredibly freeing. I've never had a passion that's struck me with butterflies before.

With that being said, my road experience is still very limited. So far, the longest I've spent on the streets is a week, and that was close to home.

Right now, I'm focusing on finishing up my last year of high school and landing a diploma. After that, it'll be a year of restaurant work and freelance artwork on the side. During that year of work, I plan on accomplishing my first sort-of-big, planned trip, by biking 280-something miles across my state. From there, I'll see where the tide takes me.

I hope to meet friends here and learn all I need to know before setting out for real.

Thank you for taking the time to read!

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!
Current Location
Pullman,WA
Glad to have you here, it's always awesome hearing about other people my age who are into this lifestyle, I hope your plans go well and this site is helpful!

Current Location
Milwaukee Wisconsin
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome Aboard Ivy! You're in the right place!
Theres plenty of information here for your research and people here on STP can help and share their experiences with you if you have any questions.
love your write up! Yes, finish high school first then after that, hit the road!
Again, Welcome to STP!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Current Location
Rochester, NY
welcome to stp - sounds like you have a plan in place - and a good one. Finish up the education you started and plan and plan - use all our resources and develop a great after graduation trip plan. And the long distance bicycle trip sounds awesome. Good luck and congratulations on your future plans! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$40.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $40.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $40.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $40.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $40.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Just then walking through the stupor market carpark when I saw this 13/14 year old kid saying to his mates ( while making the gestures)" you get the smack in this arm and the ice in this arm it's filth"!!!!!!
The user account self-delete system is back online.
siid wrote on raincheck's profile.
gang goin dummy bitch yiiizzzZzzzzZz love u :👽:

Trains in 2017: 0
2018: 1
2019: 32 and counting
croc wrote on bowldog's profile.
Love ur profile pic. She looks so sultry peeking thru the trees
dumpsternavel wrote on Rhubarb Dwyer's profile.
So clevar
The only good part about the ER is the BE that comes before-hand! :p
forgot how fast people'll throw the first blow in the street
got complacent having only sparred with friends recently.
was socked in the head,
only managed to block the second blow or so
before being knocked to the ground

(to be fair, knocking us off our feet isn't hard when we require a cane or smth to support ourselves most days)
Currently in Louisiana , I'm off the road. Had Hep C an liver cancer. Don't ever forget to be free from the man you have to leave it all behind, each an every time.

Members online