New to STP

Ranger

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was an avid contributor to DigiHitch before its demise and have really missed it so giving this a try. Spent many years floating around BC during the recession and later the Yukon trying to get my head on straight, doing temp. work when available and just plain old roaming. My hitchhiking experience has included long, remote and sometimes dangerous trips all of which have turned out fine(ever try to hitch hike from Whitehorse, Yukon to Vancouver, BC in January?) My professional background makes me a bush craft/ survival expert and in the past I've combined my experience to mentor hitchhikers who wanted to brave the Canadian North and winter. Never squatted a building but certainly squatted in a tent long term before(while holding down a full time job). So yea that's me in a nut shell, looking forward to learning more about train hopping and meeting all of you. PS Im off the road for who knows how long...

Last edited:

Ranger

Reaction score
As much as I hate to admit it I've "settled down", still exploring lots from home base tho! Also looking into ways to either make a living and be mobile or at least road tripping for 2 weeks every year.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads