New Person Intro Bollocks Thing | Squat the Planet

New Person Intro Bollocks Thing

Mirade07

Reaction score
Hey I'm Mirade, I'm 24 and from the UK.

Been travelling off and on for a year now but come March 2019 wanna make a permanent transition into full time nomadic existence and want to connect with other like minded traveling folk. Whether meeting up or just on the other end of the screen :)

So I'm crazy into political dramas, I've read Anna Karenina over 100 times, I was once part of a cult, my favourite city is Budapest though Sarajevo is a close second. Ive hitchhiked three times (once in Bulgaria, twice in Norway) but I want to eventually hitchhike full time and hopefully I'll be crossing the Atlantic in May this year after attending my first rainbow gathering in the March/April Lunar cycle.

So if you know of any helpful tips, communes or group squats, wanna connect or say hi please do :D

Much love xx

roughdraft

Reaction score
cool! & welcome, may you find this forum a bulwark of knowledge!

I'll be back in the USA in late March, would love if you hit me up when ya get over this way!

edit: & also eagerly awaiting details on this cult story

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I was once part of a cult

great intro, but i have to ask about this... how does one end up being in a cult and why? i'm very curious!

Reactions: KittyCosmos

Mirade07

Reaction score
Here comes the cult story. Oh boy. Many years ago I was a student at a Bible College. After my first year took a year out and then when I went back I met a guy. I won't use his name cause he's really well known in the nomad community in Europe but these events led him to travel quite extensively.

So he had been part of this Christian community cult for a while. The idea is that you live in one of the community houses, you work at one of their community companies and all your money goes back into the "Church". You have to make a lifetime commitment and you can't date outside of the church but they look after you, pay your bills, you're never lonely. Surrounded by like minded Christian folk. So I meet this guy at Bible College and during a reading week he takes me to visit this place. In all fairness it's really pretty and the people were mostly lovely.

Me and this guy then go through something really heartbreaking, we both left Bible College and he ended up getting me to go to the community. But they decided to split us up and put us in different houses, limit our contact with each other so about a week later we met up and after many beers we decided to run away together. Except we were both really hurting and didn't understand why this had happened to us. So it eventually became a cycle of arguing, fucking and drinking until I walked out. I didn't know where else to go and my things were still at the cult so I went back and they convinced me to stay. About a week later, he randomly turns up unannounced at a house social gathering. But unknown to the both of us, our time away had caused the same thing to happen again and when we found out it was too late.

So I spiralled into a big depression, wanting to leave but they wouldn't let me. After a few weeks I ended up trying to take my own life and it was only then they let me out of my lifetime commitment cause I was an "insurance risk" and "liability".

Long story short--got inducted into a cult and the only way out was to become crazier than they were

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads