New member to this site...

warphead

Reaction score
Hi.
New to this site and interested in the life as it is now, what people are finding, how it's changed since I was a kid riding in the back of a '53 Ford back and forth across the U.S. from birth till I was 16. With the current economic conditions not looking good for any kind of real turnaround I'm thinking I'll be revisiting my youth before long. It was going to be my retirement anyway. What one gets on social security just isn't enough to support an apartment or house. But a van? I can see that happening. Besides; I've just about had all the 'people' I can stand, been standing in one spot way longer than feels right...the 'bug'...you know.:) Have always missed the move, new places, not being tied...like I have been; but it was best for the kids although it never hurt this "kid". My life; not theirs.
Looking forward to re-learning and hearing what it's like.
Primarily interested in rubber-tramping. It's where I came from and where I'll return to.
Take care!

warphead

Reaction score
How are they quickly disappearing? I figure it's not as 'transit-friendly' anymore; with all the new laws and people being generally more hateful now than in my youth...they really are. Not that I'm a big people person in the first place. How 'bout the ghost towns? Much harder to get to?

r3353

Reaction score
Welcome,
i look forward to reading your comparisons. Theres plenty ov info here to absorb. Probably not much different than your youth, though eh?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads