New here, started seasonal work recently and would love to travel in the off seasons

ExistentialBane

Reaction score
I'm brand new to this community, Reddit sent me here earlier today.

At the beginning of the year I quit the job I've been at for the last three years because I hate stagnation and wasn't happy at home. Spent one of the best summers of my life working in Yellowstone and plan on doing seasonal work for the next few years at least.

A big part of the allure and enjoyment this summer was getting to see new things and have new experiences, so I'd really like to keep that going in the weeks/months between jobs. However, my luck with vehicles has always been absolute trash and I've decided to forego dealing with them anymore. I'd rather live on the road.

I have a cousin who has been hopping trains for fifteen years, but he's in real bad health right now and isn't able to show me the ropes so I've found my way here in hopes to establish something of a presence, get access to the train hopping thread, and properly prepare for my next off season adventures.

Batsy

Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
I'm brand new to this community, Reddit sent me here earlier today.

At the beginning of the year I quit the job I've been at for the last three years because I hate stagnation and wasn't happy at home. Spent one of the best summers of my life working in Yellowstone and plan on doing seasonal work for the next few years at least.

A big part of the allure and enjoyment this summer was getting to see new things and have new experiences, so I'd really like to keep that going in the weeks/months between jobs. However, my luck with vehicles has always been absolute trash and I've decided to forego dealing with them anymore. I'd rather live on the road.

I have a cousin who has been hopping trains for fifteen years, but he's in real bad health right now and isn't able to show me the ropes so I've found my way here in hopes to establish something of a presence, get access to the train hopping thread, and properly prepare for my next off season adventures.

Welcome to the road!

I worked at Yellowstone too this summer, but had to leave after a month because Xanterra was discriminating against my disability. I was a pubtender at lake pub. I wonder if we met.

Sounds like you’re going through some changes in your life, which I bet is really exciting. I hope your time on the road is something you enjoy!

Reactions: Ynwdwndrr

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads