New here doing an intro / pack check | Squat the Planet

New here doing an intro / pack check

aphophis21

Reaction score
I'm 22 and newly homeless. I am going to be traveling around for the foreseeable future, I plan to hitch and catch trains to get out west towards portland. I have experience with train hopping before, me and my brother would catch trains in city and ride for a bit before hopping off and walking back home. I currently have my pack already to go. Its about 25 pounds and is as minimal as I can justify starting out. Anything you guys think I might need or vice versa things that I don't need. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20200729_050128.jpg
    20200729_050128.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 243
  • 20200729_050116.jpg
    20200729_050116.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 213
  • 20200729_050100.jpg
    20200729_050100.jpg
    558.1 KB · Views: 217

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome to the site. Your pack doesnt look bad but, what are you using for shelter...?

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome to StP!!!

I see you have the right mind set. However, as @Coywolf asked, what do you have for shelter? A tent? Tarp? I wish you the best of luck and hey, keep us updated and share your adventure with us!!! Would love to read them. Again, Welcome to the StP community!!!

aphophis21

Reaction score
Welcome to StP!!!

I see you have the right mind set. However, as @Coywolf asked, what do you have for shelter? A tent? Tarp? I wish you the best of luck and hey, keep us updated and share your adventure with us!!! Would love to read them. Again, Welcome to the StP community!!!
Prolly gonna get a tarp, and I plan to document as much as I can but i only have my phone camera. I tried to get a gopro off their site but they wouldn't let me make payments cuz i live in iowa. I'ma be uploading to my youtube and twitter i set up exclusively for my travels. Links should be in my about me

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
if you see any construciton sites around tyvek (the plastic sheets they use on houses) makes for a good tarp alternative. otherwise, pack looks decent. not sure what the weather is like where you're at, but when the colder months come around you might want to consider a set of thermals to wear under your clothes and maybe a jacket/hoodie. or just make sure you run south for the winter :)

Bushpig

Reaction score
Axe plus BO is the worst combo ever. If you must deoderize, old spice original scent mixes well with sweet.
That's not the spray. If you look closely, it's deodorant/ antiperspirant. I've never used Axe's brand, but that's probably fine. Even though I've always been an Old Spice guy.
The glass piece is liable to break. I try to never carry class with me. I'd smoke out of something that can't shatter.
What's up with the tealight candles? And what are the orange and fuchsia things next to them?

Also, is that a Nintendo power adaptor? If so, you're not showing your GBA/DS/3DS. What else are you hiding?! Lol

trashswag86

Reaction score
That's not the spray. If you look closely, it's deodorant/ antiperspirant. I've never used Axe's brand, but that's probably fine. Even though I've always been an Old Spice guy.
The glass piece is liable to break. I try to never carry class with me. I'd smoke out of something that can't shatter.
What's up with the tealight candles? And what are the orange and fuchsia things next to them?

Also, is that a Nintendo power adaptor? If so, you're not showing your GBA/DS/3DS. What else are you hiding?! Lol
The scent is the issue. Masking vs blending. As far as I'm aware, Axe doesn't make anything that blends well with BO. Several people have told me it's the worst combo ever.

Citizen

Reaction score
Prolly gonna get a tarp, and I plan to document as much as I can but i only have my phone camera. I tried to get a gopro off their site but they wouldn't let me make payments cuz i live in iowa. I'ma be uploading to my youtube and twitter i set up exclusively for my travels. Links should be in my about me
Looking for your Twitter but I don't see it. I also set up a Twitter account just for this community. Please hit me up. @Citizen82270557

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads