New here doing an intro / pack check (1 Viewer)

aphophis21

I'm 22 and newly homeless. I am going to be traveling around for the foreseeable future, I plan to hitch and catch trains to get out west towards portland. I have experience with train hopping before, me and my brother would catch trains in city and ride for a bit before hopping off and walking back home. I currently have my pack already to go. Its about 25 pounds and is as minimal as I can justify starting out. Anything you guys think I might need or vice versa things that I don't need. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Attachments

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!
OP
aphophis21

aphophis21

Welcome to StP!!!

I see you have the right mind set. However, as @Coywolf asked, what do you have for shelter? A tent? Tarp? I wish you the best of luck and hey, keep us updated and share your adventure with us!!! Would love to read them. Again, Welcome to the StP community!!!
Prolly gonna get a tarp, and I plan to document as much as I can but i only have my phone camera. I tried to get a gopro off their site but they wouldn't let me make payments cuz i live in iowa. I'ma be uploading to my youtube and twitter i set up exclusively for my travels. Links should be in my about me

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
if you see any construciton sites around tyvek (the plastic sheets they use on houses) makes for a good tarp alternative. otherwise, pack looks decent. not sure what the weather is like where you're at, but when the colder months come around you might want to consider a set of thermals to wear under your clothes and maybe a jacket/hoodie. or just make sure you run south for the winter :)

Bushpig

Wanderer
Axe plus BO is the worst combo ever. If you must deoderize, old spice original scent mixes well with sweet.
That's not the spray. If you look closely, it's deodorant/ antiperspirant. I've never used Axe's brand, but that's probably fine. Even though I've always been an Old Spice guy.
The glass piece is liable to break. I try to never carry class with me. I'd smoke out of something that can't shatter.
What's up with the tealight candles? And what are the orange and fuchsia things next to them?

Also, is that a Nintendo power adaptor? If so, you're not showing your GBA/DS/3DS. What else are you hiding?! Lol

trashswag86

Rambler
That's not the spray. If you look closely, it's deodorant/ antiperspirant. I've never used Axe's brand, but that's probably fine. Even though I've always been an Old Spice guy.
The glass piece is liable to break. I try to never carry class with me. I'd smoke out of something that can't shatter.
What's up with the tealight candles? And what are the orange and fuchsia things next to them?

Also, is that a Nintendo power adaptor? If so, you're not showing your GBA/DS/3DS. What else are you hiding?! Lol
The scent is the issue. Masking vs blending. As far as I'm aware, Axe doesn't make anything that blends well with BO. Several people have told me it's the worst combo ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.