New here and wanted to say hi! | Squat the Planet

New here and wanted to say hi!

tanukizooted

Reaction score
How goes it, new to this site, but I've been traveling a year so far. I never felt like I fit in anywhere, but when I got on the road, I felt like I could breathe for the first time. Met a lot of good people, discovered awesome swimming holes, and many talented musicians. I've recently come back to babylon after getting preggers (go me), I'm doing an adoption because I'm not ready to MOM, and found a great family, but having a hard time adjusting. My pit heeler mix is, too. Her name is Noodle. I can't wait until the day I grab my pack and ukulele and we walk out of here... Used to have a 60s Gilb, but had to trade it in for something smaller to tame my Noodle dawg (she pulls a lot, I think she has a choke fetish, but I don't kinkshame her) I love music and miss exploring, I'd rather spend my time in the woods, hopefully by water, jamming and good times with my homies. I'm pretty crafty and artistic, and I keep my mtg deck and a book or two on me. Thank for making me feel welcome, it's good to meet all of you!

Dameon

Reaction score
Give yourself more time than you think you'll need to work through the post-adoption stuff. My ex went back on the road with me just a month after giving up our baby, and it turned out she was far more emotionally damaged over it than she thought. We also had an arrangement to get pictures for a few years, which I think helped a lot.

Welcome to STP!
Also, if that's your actual address in your current location, I'd take out the address bit and just leave the city.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

croc

Reaction score
Your intro was super personable, welcome to stp c:
Were u referring to Babylon on Long Island? Sorry u and your pup are stuck in place for the time being

Reactions: tanukizooted

tanukizooted

Reaction score
Give yourself more time than you think you'll need to work through the post-adoption stuff. My ex went back on the road with me just a month after giving up our baby, and it turned out she was far more emotionally damaged over it than she thought. We also had an arrangement to get pictures for a few years, which I think helped a lot.

Welcome to STP!
Also, if that's your actual address in your current location, I'd take out the address bit and just leave the city.
Hey, thank you! And I like the pictures idea, I'm doing an open adoption, and the agency uses a website the adoptive parents can post pictures and updates for me to see. I was also hoping to get back on the road in about a month, maybe I should not rush things... I'm sorry you went through that but I really appreciate your insight, I'm going to give myself some more time afterwards to get back to homeostasis. Thank you for the welcome!

Also, that's not my real address, haha.
But good looking out :)

tanukizooted

Reaction score
Your intro was super personable, welcome to stp c:
Were u referring to Babylon on Long Island? Sorry u and your pup are stuck in place for the time being
Thank you, I tried to paint a good picture haha. And not Long Island, just back to society in general. Having to make doctor appointments and behave a certain way, and fit in when I clearly don't. I'm not good at playing this game. I don't want to jump through hoops, but kind of have to just to keep up with all my doc appts. My dog is the only thing keeping me sane right now. It looks like we have to leave where we are staying, so I'm currently trying to get a van so I can at least be mobile, and have adventures while I host this cute little parasite. Thanks for reaching out! :)

Reactions: croc

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads