new here and new to the traveling life

Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hey, I'm Adam Wynona (they/them). I'm looking for a friend to travel with, preferably someone with experience. When I was a kid my family backpacked and did bike trips, and I've been homeless before, but I've never traveled like this. I've also never hitchhiked. I'm in New England currently, bumming around new England and new york until June, when I can leave the area after getting my medications for the next few months. I'm backpacking and hitchhiking, with only a few goals of places to go, a backpack full of shit to live, my ukelele, and my journal (my friend made me promise to write a book on the road before they gave me a backpack and sleeping bag). I just want a friend to travel with, someone who likes folk punk and spliffs would be nice.

Reactions: RobHASboots
D

Deleted member 14481

Absolutely wonderful! I love your picture and it's great to have more non-binary people here! It's great that you're starting off with the basics (pack, sleeping bag), and you'll learn more about what works for you as you go. This can be the hardest "trail and error" game you'll play in life. People have a lot of different opinions on different types of shelters, where and ways to camp and all sorts of topics! It's about taking advice and figuring out what's right or you so you can give advice, sometimes. Welcome and enjoy! ::snaphappy::::photogenic::

D

Deleted member 14481

Cool.
You should go for it.
Require new people you meet to earn your trust. Be wary of men. You should seek female companions... yes. And rove the uncharted shroud like the Amazon tribes of yore!
Go 4th! Huzzah!
I have to disagree with advertising the idea that "female are safer than other options." I also disagree with HAVING to seek out companions. It's cool to be solo. EVERYONE has the ability to be unsafe, regardless of gender id or sex.

I feel like the "go with your gut" is the better advice. Always! Always! ALWAYS trust your intuition and instincts with people and situations.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads