NEEDHELP!ASAP! Safe Bug Deterrents for dogs???

1. Im going treeplanting very soon.. My dog, is a pitbull, and thus has actually more skin than fur.
    Im worried the bugs will eat him alive.
    Obviously spraying him with bugs spray made for humans wouldnt be safe for him at all.
    Has anybody ever heard of natural way or products Im unaware of that is essentially a bug detterant for dogs?
    Thanks to anyone who answers this, I appreciate your time.​

Shakou

1. Im going treeplanting very soon.. My dog, is a pitbull, and thus has actually more skin than fur.
    Im worried the bugs will eat him alive.
    Obviously spraying him with bugs spray made for humans wouldnt be safe for him at all.
    Has anybody ever heard of natural way or products Im unaware of that is essentially a bug detterant for dogs?
    Thanks to anyone who answers this, I appreciate your time.​

Citronella oil is the best thing I've found for my dogs when dealing with mosquitoes. The dogs HATE it, but so does the bugs!

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it!
Is the Citronella safe the the dog? If he happens to lick it, it isnt toxic to him? Because I was under the impression it was toxic for humans?

Shakou

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it!
Is the Citronella safe the the dog? If he happens to lick it, it isnt toxic to him? Because I was under the impression it was toxic for humans?

In reasonable doses, it's fine. Check with a local pet or feed store.

Ekstasis

This is bringing up an old thread but whatever... I have had some luck using Vick's vapor to keep away mosquito's. Just rub on the collar/bandana.
Your dog is not going to love it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads