NC to WA

F

Fade

Things are crumbling where I'm at so I'm looking to head out of carolina in a few weeks. Will probably be hopping as much of this trip as I can. I have a railroad atlas, and trying to use it to plan a trip. Was hoping anyone with some experience good give some pointers. I want to avoid the high line, and stay in the warmer areas as much as possible. I understand its winter and its going to be cold where ever I go through, but that's part of traveling I guess.

I'm looking to catch out of Asheville on a NS line, then switch over to CSX in Knoxville. From there I'm not 100% sure other than just try to follow the lines West. Just looking for the easiest path over to WA(wanna check out Seattle). From the way it looks I'd have to hit California then ride North. I'm all very new to this as you can obviously tell. Anyway, thanks for any help/advice.

barefootinbabylon

Reaction score
Oohhhh, Assville.... Yeeahhh, buddy, things definitely have a way of crumbling when you're in that town - I swear to GOD, man, I swear to GOD... It's gotta be a combination of the crystal deposits in those mountains, combined with the massive number of F*%&in' COPS there that just makes everything spin crazily out of control. I still love that crazy town down to the bottom of my toes, but yeahhh, get out while you still can! Anyways. I definitely don't have anything in the ways of catchin' out from there (I'm one of those train-hopping virgins on here), but I know it's damn easy to get from there to Knox. (as if THAT helps). Ask around, although there aren't nearly the number of train-hoppers there that there used to be. Anyways, best of luck, and be careful... if I were still there, I'd be MORE than down to de-virginize myself...

F

Fade

I decided to not worry as much about getting to a certain destination. Gonna just hop and head away from here. Guess its not so much about where your going but the journey there. Thanks for the reply though. :)

DMush

Reaction score
Im in Virginia, trying to hop out west also. Not much experience with trains but some hitching. Trying to take a more southern route for warmth. when are you leaving?

F

Fade

Looking at leaving this weekend, friday or saturday. Friend wants to travel some but pretty sure they're going to flake. Just waiting to figure out what their plans are.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads