native | Squat the Planet

native

N

native

yo I'm native born and raised in Miami fl first started traveling in 2013 didn't turn out so good so I stopped and went back to the wage slave life. Now I'm in school at santa fe college here in Gainesville bored outta my mind.

looking to leave fl in august and ride my bike to Colorado, be cool to find a road dog or mate along the way.

I'm really laid back and like to cook and smoke not lazy tho

farming is my forte and riding bike

let me know if you want to travel

Hazardoussix6six

RideBikesPlayPolo
Reaction score
What's up man welcome, tons of cool ppl on here and alot of good info.

I rode my bike from indiana to roswell,NM few years ago loved it!!

Also native myself, sioux from montana.

I'll be on the road starting weds, hope to run into ya, safe travels!

N

native

hey bro thanks for the love yea hope to cross paths and hop on my bike in august and ride out haha
im mayan

peace hugs and dumpster love

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
I've got mad respect for bike travelers. I tried it once myself but only got about 120 miles before I had to turn in the towel. I wish you all the luck in the world.

Welcome to StP!

D

Deleted member 125

what are you studying in gainsville? i loved gainsville its been a few years since ive been there but hot damn if it wasnt a bit of paradise in florida. miami not so much...

welcome to stp!

N

native

what are you studying in gainsville? i loved gainsville its been a few years since ive been there but hot damn if it wasnt a bit of paradise in florida. miami not so much...

welcome to stp!

I'm taking a writing class for now but all I do is stare out the window towards the west coast haha
yea been here since 2012 and it hasn't been to bad to me, have met some really sweet people.
lol at the Miami part

Last edited:
N

native

Got like 6 bikes, lol. Ranging from 1950s monarch, to 70s schwinns and a fairly new cannondale. Bikes are a huge party of my life!

oh true, yea I just traded a 1980 road bike from England for some labor on my single speed. used to have a centurion and donated that to the local co-op bike shop in Miami. don't know how good my ride out west is gonna be on a single speed lol but that baby rides smoooooth.

hows your travel so far?

Hazardoussix6six

RideBikesPlayPolo
Reaction score
If you
oh true, yea I just traded a 1980 road bike from England for some labor on my single speed. used to have a centurion and donated that to the local co-op bike shop in Miami. don't know how good my ride out west is gonna be on a single speed lol but that baby rides smoooooth.

hows your travel so far?
Stay south should be relatively flat most the trip. God awful hot down there right now I'm sure though.

N

native

If you

Stay south should be relatively flat most the trip. God awful hot down there right now I'm sure though.

yea if I wanna get to Colorado I gotta stay riding thru southern stated but I have to go thru ohio at some point, not looking forward to that because its so big and rural hope I can catch a ride thru tht state. yo its scorching down here! I WANT OUT!

Hazardoussix6six

RideBikesPlayPolo
Reaction score
What's your route plan exactly or roughly anyways? If you go thru Ohio I can give ya some helpful tips.
For example my home town is justbwestbof Cincinnati. Local bike shop there I'm good friends with the owner. He'd be more than willing to house you up for a few days wife makes delicious food as well. An I'm sure he'd give ya a free tuneup and some supplies if you need.
Prolly get ya housed upbdwntwn cincy as well. Bunch of old bike friends there.

Reactions: porkchopSJB
N

native

What's your route plan exactly or roughly anyways? If you go thru Ohio I can give ya some helpful tips.
For example my home town is justbwestbof Cincinnati. Local bike shop there I'm good friends with the owner. He'd be more than willing to house you up for a few days wife makes delicious food as well. An I'm sure he'd give ya a free tuneup and some supplies if you need.
Prolly get ya housed upbdwntwn cincy as well. Bunch of old bike friends there.

woops I thought it was ohio but its Oklahoma I have to ride thru, my bad

Hazardoussix6six

RideBikesPlayPolo
Reaction score
Okay that makes way more sense, i was so confused lol.
I pedaled thru Oklahoma city few years back. Bike shop on the east side was really friendly. This was 2012ish so old if the same guy works there but the mechanic housed us up and fixed our bikes. Super chill and nice.

Typically most bike shops will be more than willing to help out. Especially if you tell them what you're doing.
I always made a point to stop at shops even if I didn't need anything if nothing else you get some good conversation an friendly faces

N

native

Okay that makes way more sense, i was so confused lol.
I pedaled thru Oklahoma city few years back. Bike shop on the east side was really friendly. This was 2012ish so old if the same guy works there but the mechanic housed us up and fixed our bikes. Super chill and nice.

Typically most bike shops will be more than willing to help out. Especially if you tell them what you're doing.
I always made a point to stop at shops even if I didn't need anything if nothing else you get some good conversation an friendly faces

cool

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads