My Intro: Hi yall! | Squat the Planet

My Intro: Hi yall!

Ozarknomad

Reaction score
Hey guys! I took the opp to read a bit before posting an intro and almost just didn't because I'm really not cool enough to be here. But holy wow, what an awesome community! I am super stoked this place exists because I haven't traveled in ages. These days, I'm a single (for 11 years/ asexual?) 42-year-old mom and clinical social worker (mostly from home since covid) doing therapy with folks who have pretty severe mental illnesses- my clients have been deemed "unfit" to stand trial. I also volunteer with a womens rehab and group home for boys. My work IS fulfilling, but I do miss the road, so its been great to read some of the crazy beautiful, and well-written stories here. Thanks so much!

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
almost just didn't because I'm really not cool enough to be here.

Uhh, have you met us before? None of us are cool, you'll fit right in. Welcome.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
nice, welcome aboard. do you think you have any traveling in your future?

Ozarknomad

Reaction score
Uhh, have you met us before? None of us are cool, you'll fit right in. Welcome.
You're right. ;) I feel like I have met you through reading some of the works here. Some of ya'll (I should've said something about being southern and a cringe-y leftist who uses a winky face in my type too often up there ^^) write so beautifully real that it confused me for a bit.

Also, I don't want to argue on my first own post here so will just agree to disagree about the cool levels ;)

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Burger

Reaction score
Not sure if this is right place, but just wanted to make first post and intro myself.

basically i’m an ex addict living a normal 9-5 life and i hate it. want to become a drifter and see as much as I can. so really want to learn how to hop trains.

D

Deleted member 29963

Not sure if this is right place, but just wanted to make first post and intro myself.

basically i’m an ex addict living a normal 9-5 life and i hate it. want to become a drifter and see as much as I can. so really want to learn how to hop trains.
Welcome to both of you, Burger, you might want to start your own thread, I think you will get some cool feed back. I was just over a year sober when I hit The Road, and it's been critical to keeping me together.

Ozarknomad, I kicked it in the Ozarks for the first few months of 2009. Welcome! I was glad I went, but also glad I left.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads